- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Requisition ID: 61909
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
Reporting to the Senior Manager Business Analysis, the Business Analysis Specialist (BA Specialist) will define requirements and process changes to ensure the least impact to the customer while reducing the Bank's regulatory risk (e.g., compliance to various Anti-Money Laundering [AML]-related regulations). When required, there is travel to the bank’s other IT sites in the GTA. During implementations, there will be extended hours of work.
• Independently resolve complex, multi-faceted problems to meet the business needs of the Lines of Business related to the project, by applying financial and technological knowledge to the design of methodologies, models, and/or systems solutions. This may involve rapid prototyping, with requirements and solutions developed on an iterative basis that provides interim deliverables until a final production solution is created. This includes conducting research and analysis, accurately and clearly defining user requirements/stories and processes, and liaising with the users or their representatives.
• Lead, from a Business Analysis perspective, multiple small projects and/or specific sections of large projects to implement solutions to business problems. This involves developing detailed project plans, monitoring progress against planned objectives, and securing consensus and co-operation from users and senior management.
• Participate in the systems implementation process by defining business requirements and processes, developing and/or reviewing test strategies and test cases, performing testing as required, documenting user procedures and work flows, developing conversion and implementation strategies and plans, verifying conversion, providing user documentation, providing user training, transitioning to steady state and providing post-implementation support.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
• You have 5-7+ years of experience working as a Sr.Business Analyst for an enterprise organization's technology division.
• You have working experience in an environment that used/embraced full or hybrid Agile methodology.
• You possess or have the ability to rapidly gain a comprehensive understanding of relevant banking processes, current and anticipated regulatory requirements (e.g., AML-related regulations), and the end-to-end work-flows and systems among the front-line banking channels to back-office processing areas, within the Canadian Banking Lines of Business.
• We can count on you to be a creative, self-starting, results-oriented, and highly motivated individual with excellent analytical skills in order to apply this knowledge to independently resolve complex business problems.
• You have demonstrated leadership skills along with well-honed negotiation skills in order to build consensus and obtain cooperation from the team, end users, senior management and other stakeholders.
• You possess very good interpersonal, communication (verbal / written/ presentation) skills.
• You have good time management and organization skills in order to effectively manage work on multiple projects/initiatives.
• You have intermediate to advanced skill in the use of MS Excel (pivot tables; macros; formulas), mapping & flow chart software tool, MS Project, JIRA, and Confluence.
• You possess a very good understanding of systems development techniques (e.g., Waterfall & hybrid and/or full Agile), including requirements/user story specification and testing methodologies, and keep current with rapidly changing technology.
• Regulatory/compliance work experience is an asset.
• Business analysis experience in a Financial Institution is an asset.
• Completion of a post-secondary education.
• IIBA CBAP or other BA Certification is an asset.
• CSPO/PSPO; CSM/PSM; PMP are assets.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.