- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
You might not know our name, but you know where we are. That's because Compass Group Canada is part of a global foodservice and support services company that's the 6th largest employer in the world, with 625,000 employees.
You'll find us in schools, colleges, hospitals, office buildings, senior living communities, tourist attractions, sports venues, remote camps and military instillations and more. We're in all major cities, at remote work sites and everywhere in between - doing business in Canada and 50+ other countries where you can learn and grow. Join us now and point your career forward!
Imagine a place where people work as one to create an experience that inspires many. Join us and know that you make it possible for friends, families, and co-workers to come together. No matter why they gather, we're here to serve. Because of what we do, people share so much more than a meal. And that's why this is so much more than a job.
Why work with Eurest Dining? We are a member of Compass Group Canada, the leading food and support Services Company. We provide diverse, innovative dining services to corporate headquarter locations, law firms, manufacturing facilities, distribution centres and call centres. Join our commitment to providing exceptional food service to the best of business and industry.
Job Summary As a Café Manager, you will hold duties related to the supervision of the food service operation of a medium to large volume location. The café manage ensures the standards of excellence are met, supervises associates, and supports the Director with financial responsibilities such as ordering and inventory cost controls. This is a floating position for tge General Toronto Region.
Now, if you were to come on board as our Café Manager, we'd ask you to do the following for us:
- Manages café operations.
- Hires, supervises, trains, and coaches associates.
- Assists with interviewing and hiring.
- Plans, markets and executes special events/promotions in the café.
- Prepares and maintains volume trend analysis reports on a daily basis.
- Ensures compliance with proper sanitation and cleaning standards.
- Operates within the budget and identifies new ways to improve the business.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Think you have what it takes to be our Café Manager? We're committed to hiring the best talent for the role. Here's how we'll know you will be successful:
- 2 years of food service experience including 1 year at the management level.
- Experience in restaurants, hotels, corporate dining, education, military, health care, and/or related food service operations.
- Operational knowledge of the cash register, cash handling procedures, and reconciliation of multiple cash banks and reports.
- Operational knowledge of food service equipment and maintenance requirements.
- ServSafe or Department of Health Certification is preferred.
- Proficient computer skills and knowledge of MS Office products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and internet.
- Must have access to a vehicle
- Bachelor's degree is preferred.
Compass Group Canada is committed to nurturing a diverse workforce representative of the communities within which we operate. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, without regard to race, colour, citizenship, religion, sex, marital/family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, disability or persons who may require an accommodation, to apply.
For accommodation requests during the hiring process, please contact (see below) for further information.