- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Requisition ID: 36867
Position Number: 20093838
Posting End Date: December 10, 2019
City: Westman Laboratory (Brandon)
Site: Shared Health
Work Location: Brandon
Department/Unit: Westman Lab - Microbiology
Job Stream: Clinical
Union: MGEU WL DSM
Anticipated Start Date - End Date: 01/06/2020 - 10/02/2020
Reason for Term: Other Leave
Anticipated Shift: Days
Daily Hours Worked: 7.75
Annual Base Hours: 2015
Salary: $31.722, $33.181, $34.718, $36.313, $38.007, $39.843, $41.751
Shared Health leads the planning and coordinates the integration of patient-centred clinical and preventive health services across Manitoba. The organization also delivers some province-wide health services and supports centralized administrative and business functions for Manitoba health organizations.
Position Overview Under the general direction of the Laboratory Supervisor/Manager/Director or Designate, the Charge Medical Laboratory Technologist is responsible for the daily operation of their section of the laboratory. Areas of responsibility will include administrative, supervisory, technical and educational. The incumbent will maintain a safe environment in accordance with professional and provincial guidelines and ensure compliance with quality assurance programs and maintain standards put forth by Accreditation. Functions are conducted in accordance with the Mission and Values of Shared Health, current policies, procedures and applicable legislation.
- Minimum five years recent extensive work experience in a related area including supervisory and/or administrative experience required
- Graduate of an approved Medical Laboratory Technology program with attained certification by the CSMLS
- Advanced academic achievement (eg A.R.T. or B.Sc.) preferred
- Relevant courses or seminars preferred
- Current licensing with the College of Medical Laboratory Technologists of Manitoba (CMLTM) required
- Current registration with the Canadian Society for Medical Laboratory Science (CSMLS) preferred
Qualifications and Skills
- Windows computer environment required
- Microsoft Office programs required
- Workplace Health and Safety Program or training preferred
- Leadership skills to coordinate work flow, supervise and promote teamwork
- Communication skills to handle professionally all lab communications and interactions with other health care professionals at various levels from both within and outside the laboratory
- Apply technical knowledge to interpretation of results, troubleshooting, and assessing of methods
- Follow oral and written instructions precisely with attention to detail
- Demonstrated effective oral and written communication skills required in English
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as a team member
- Proficient analytical skills
- Work under pressure
- Maintains confidentiality with all information entrusted to the position
- Fluent language skills (written and oral) in both French and English may be required
- Ability to perform duties as described
- Mental and physical health necessary to meet the demands of the job required
This term position may end earlier as outlined in the Collective Agreement.
We have a unique ability to work together to make health care better. If you want to make a difference and contribute to supporting the health of your family, friends and neighbours, please apply today.
Interested candidates should select the "Apply" icon below to upload their cover letter, resume and copy of licenses/certification.
This position requires a current satisfactory Criminal Records Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check as conditions of employment. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred. A security check is considered current if it was obtained no more than six (6) months prior to the start of employment.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more positions in Shared Health that combine to equal more than 1.0 FTE.