- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- THOMPSON CA
Requisition ID: 34419
Position Number: 20093269
Posting End Date: Open Until Filled
Site: Shared Health
Work Location: Thompson Hospital
Department/Unit: Diagnostic Imaging
Job Stream: Clinical
Union: MAHCP NE DSM
Anticipated Start Date: ASAP
Anticipated Shift: Days
Daily Hours Worked: 8.25 hours
Annual Base Hours: 2015
Salary: $ 31.722, $ 33.181, $ 34.718, $ 36.313, $ 38.007, $ 39.843, $ 41.751
Shared Health leads the planning and coordinates the integration of patient-centred clinical and preventive health services across Manitoba. The organization also delivers some province-wide health services and supports centralized administrative and business functions for Manitoba health organizations.
Position Overview Under the general direction of the Diagnostic Services Director or Designate, the Charge Medical Radiology Technologist is responsible for the daily operation of the Radiology Department. The Charge Medical Radiology Technologist communicates with and functions as a direct resource to diagnostic service operations to the Diagnostic Services Director within the Region and functions as the diagnostic imaging resources to all staff. Areas of responsibility will include administrative, supervisory, technical and educational. The incumbent will maintain a safe environment in accordance with professional and provincial guidelines and ensure compliance with quality assurance programs and maintain standards put forth by Accreditation. Functions are conducted in accordance with the Mission and Values of Shared Health, current policies, procedures and applicable legislation.
- Minimum five years recent extensive work experience including supervisory and/or administrative experience required.
- Graduate of an approved Medical Radiography program with attained certification by the Canadian Association of Medical Radiation Technologists (CAMRT).
- Completion of a formal management training program or health care administration course is an asset.
- Must be a Registered Radiology Technologist and maintain active registration with the Canadian Association of Medical Radiation Technologists (CAMRT) and the Manitoba Association of Medical Radiation Technologists (MAMRT).
Qualifications and Skills
- Windows computer environment required.
- Microsoft Office programs required
- Workplace Health and Safety Program or training preferred
- Familiarity with collective agreements
- Leadership skills to coordinate work flow, supervise and promote teamwork
- Communication skills to handle professionally all department communications and interactions with other health care professionals at various levels from both within and outside the department
- Apply technical knowledge to interpretation of results, troubleshooting, and assessing of methods
- Follow oral and written instructions precisely with attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as a team member
- Demonstrated organizational and interpersonal skills with ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships in a multi-disciplinary team environment and with external agencies, groups and the public required
- Proficient analytical skills
- Work under pressure
- Maintains confidentiality with all information entrusted to the position
- Fluent language skills (written and oral) in both French and English may be required
- Ability to perform duties as described
- Mental and physical health necessary to meet the demands of the job required
We have a unique ability to work together to make health care better. If you want to make a difference and contribute to supporting the health of your family, friends and neighbours, please apply today.
Interested candidates should select the "Apply" icon below to upload their cover letter, resume and copy of licenses/certification.
This position requires a current satisfactory Criminal Records Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check as conditions of employment. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred. A security check is considered current if it was obtained no more than six (6) months prior to the start of employment.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more positions in Shared Health that combine to equal more than 1.0 FTE.
Shared Health values and supports employment equity and workplace diversity and encourages all qualified individuals to apply. We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.