- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Requisition ID: 33290
Position Number: 20009906
Posting End Date: December 10, 2019
Site: Health Sciences Centre
Department/Unit: Hlth Information Correspondence
Job Stream: Non-Clinical
Anticipated Start Date - End Date: ASAP - Indefinite
Reason for Term: Other Leave
Anticipated Shift: Days
Daily Hours Worked: 7.5
Annual Base Hours: 1950
Salary: $17.309, $17.828, $18.363, $18.914, $19.481, $20.066
Shared Health leads the planning and coordinates the integration of patient-centred clinical and preventive health services across Manitoba. The organization also delivers some province-wide health services and supports centralized administrative and business functions for Manitoba health organizations.
Position Overview Working as a member of the Medico-Legal Correspondence team and with leadership from the Manager - Records Management, the incumbent is responsible to provide clerical support to the Health Information Correspondents by copying documents from patient health records, microfilm, EMR, and other automated systems, taking telephone messages, and processing patient records within the section.
- Previous related office experience required, preferable in a Medical Record Environment with (electronic/paper) and with terminal digit filing.
- Complete high school education, Manitoba standards, required.
- Successful completion of a CHIMA-recognized Health Information Management program preferred.
- Successful challenge of the CHIMA National Certification examination, with a valid CHIMA certificate, current active CHIMA membership preferred.
Qualifications and Skills
- Preference will be given to those applicants competent in an Indigenous language and/or knowledge in Indigenous customs, traditions and values.
- Typing/keyboarding skills (minimum 30 wpm) and medical terminology required (HSC test pass mark 75%).
- Operational knowledge of office equipment including computers, photocopiers, facsimile machines, and microfilm reader-printers required.
- Alpha-numeric recognition aptitude required.
- Good command of English (oral and written) and good interpersonal communication skills required.
- Meets deadlines, problem solves and exercises judgement for decision making within the scope of the job description and within the team mandate.
- Use of VDT.
- Use of computer, photocopier, microfilm reader/printer, and facsimile machine.
- Prolonged physical activities include standing, sitting, stair climbing, lifting and loading/unloading chart bins weighing approximately 25 lbs..
- Work environment consists of frequent interruptions and no natural light.
This term position may end earlier as outlined in the Collective Agreement.
We have a unique ability to work together to make health care better. If you want to make a difference and contribute to supporting the health of your family, friends and neighbours, please apply today.
Interested candidates should select the "Apply" icon below to upload their cover letter, resume and copy of licenses/certification.
This position requires a current satisfactory Criminal Records Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check as conditions of employment. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred. A security check is considered current if it was obtained no more than six (6) months prior to the start of employment.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more positions in Shared Health that combine to equal more than 1.0 FTE.
- scientists and researchers