- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Requisition ID: 59646
Career Group: Store Careers
Job Category: Ontario Full-Service Store Operations
Country: Canada (CA)
Province: Ontario (CA-ON)
Location: Sobeys Todmorden # 4728
Postal Code: M4K2S2
A proudly Canadian retail company, Sobeys began in 1907 as a small meat delivery business in Stellarton, Nova Scotia. Today, Sobeys Inc. serves the food shopping needs of Canadians with approximately 1,500 stores in all 10 provinces under retail banners that include Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, and Lawton's Drug Stores as well as in-store pharmacies, liquor and more than 350 retail fuel locations.
Together with our 123,000 employees and franchise affiliates and a collective passion for delivering exceptional food and shopping experiences, Sobeys' purpose is to improve the lives of Canadians by helping them Eat Better, Feel Better and Do Better.
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
Overview The Floral Clerk is responsible for carrying out the full range of duties of the position in a professional, responsible, accurate and timely fashion. The Clerk will deliver exceptional customer service, foster customer loyalty, fulfill customer needs and ensures accurate cash-handling procedures at all times through company practices. Actively contribute to an environment of employee and customer engagement.
Job Description • Adhere to all Food Safety Protocols, Standard Operating Procedures, Health and Safety, corporate policies, and other programs and initiatives
• Provide customer service to meet customer needs
• Keep work area clean and presentable
• Process customer Floral orders
• Perform program execution and merchandising of product
• Handle and prepare Floral products
• Increase store sales by actively promoting products
• Participate in the training of junior staff
• Order and receive stock in accordance with company inventory control procedures as required
• Process department shrink
• Maintains accurate cash drawer while following company policies and procedures (full service)
• Maintain a clean and safe working environment as per Company requirements
• Other duties as required
Job Requirements • Ability to work independently in a fast paced environment
• Ability to gift wrap and create floral products
• Knowledge of care and handling of floral products
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.
- customer service