- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- LANGLEY CA
Requisition ID: 54705
Career Group: Store Careers
Job Category: BC Store Operations
Country: Canada (CA)
Province: British Columbia (CA-BC)
City: Langley - Fraser Crossing
Location: 4912 Langley Fraser Crossing Safeway
A proudly Canadian retail company, Sobeys began in 1907 as a small meat delivery business in Stellarton, Nova Scotia. Today, Sobeys Inc. serves the food shopping needs of Canadians with approximately 1,500 stores in all 10 provinces under retail banners that include Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, and Lawton's Drug Stores as well as in-store pharmacies, liquor and more than 350 retail fuel locations.
Together with our 123,000 employees and franchise affiliates and a collective passion for delivering exceptional food and shopping experiences, Sobeys' purpose is to improve the lives of Canadians by helping them Eat Better, Feel Better and Do Better.
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
About Safeway: Safeway grocery stores provide an exceptional food shopping experience to consumers from Vancouver, British Columbia to Thunder Bay, Ontario. We are the newest member of Sobeys Inc.'s retail food offering which serves the needs of Canadians with more than 1,500 stores in over 800 communities from coast-to-coast. Whether it's your first job or you're ready for a new challenge, we have a career to fit your life. Our commitment to delivering top quality products and superior service to our customers, and for giving back to the communities we serve has earned us a reputation as an employer of choice for those looking for an exciting career in food retail. A day in the life of an Production Line Personnel: As a production line person you are responsible for placing ingredients on bread, in trays, applying labels and ensuring that all products are processed in an efficient manner. Working on the production line requires good dexterity and the ability to assemble small items at a fast pace while maintaining accurate ingredient weights on all products. Working on an assembly line requires that you be comfortable working with others, coordinating with them, and following instructions. This position does require some lifting and you must be able to lift up to 40 pounds. Accuracy and maintaining a steady pace are integral to this position.
- No previous experience is required
- Previous food production experience is an asset Key Responsibilities
- Upholds and complies with company procedures, standards and policies in all situations
- Handles production equipment in a safe and efficient manner
- Build product accurately and quickly
- Work as part of a coordinated team
- Understand and follow all safety standards including safety training, handling of chemicals (WHIMIS), good manufacturing practices (GMP'S), and using personal protective equipment (PPE)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Ability to work at a consistent pace throughout the day
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Highly motivated and team oriented
- Works in a Safe and responsible manner
- Must be available to work on weekends, day shifts, and night shifts Physical Requirements (Seldom: Not Daily, Rare: 0-5% of shift, Occasional: 6-33% of shift, Frequent: 34-66% of shift, Constant: 66-100% of shift)
- Constant lifting and carrying of less than 10 pounds
- Constant standing
- Constant reaching below shoulder level
- Constant gripping and use of production materials
- Occasional bending and twisting
- Occasional lifting or carrying of up to 40 pounds including waist level and low level lifts
- Ability to handle a cool working environment of 1 to 4 degrees Celsius Why work for us: We offer regular pay increases for hourly employees, flexible scheduling and a comprehensive benefit plan that includes employer funded prescription drug coverage, vision care, dental coverage, and pension plan for eligible employees. If you want the chance to join one of the best retail teams in the industry, enhance your skill set, learn from experts and advance your career, this is the place to be. We are an award winning organization that is renowned for its inclusive work environment and recognized as a great place to work.Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.