- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Requisition ID: 36448
Position Number: 20082454
Posting End Date:Dec 3, 2019
Site: Health Sciences Centre
Department/Unit: GA4 Medicine CTU
Job Stream: Clinical
Anticipated Start Date: ASAP
Anticipated Shift: Days; Weekends
Daily Hours Worked: 12 hours
Annual Base Hours: 2015
Shared Health leads the planning and coordinates the integration of patient-centred clinical and preventive health services across Manitoba. The organization also delivers some province-wide health services and supports centralized administrative and business functions for Manitoba health organizations.
Under the general supervision of, and in collaboration with the Manager of Patient Care, the Clinical Resource Nurse (CRN) is responsible for providing clinical expertise to nurses. The CRN assumes a leadership role in coordinating patient care within the healthcare team to ensure quality patient care outcomes, and promote an interdisciplinary patient centered approach to care based on best practice. Demonstrates a commitment to the vision, values, goals, and objectives of the region/facility/unit.
- Minimum three years recent related nursing experience required (specific recent experience may be required in designated areas).
- Graduate of an approved Registered Nursing or Registered Psychiatric Nursing (Mental Health) education program required.
- BN, BScMH, or BScPN is preferred.
- Successful completion of a relevant post basic program may be required or preferred in designated areas.
- Responsible for maintaining and providing proof of active registration with the College of Registered Nurses of Manitoba (CRNM) or the College of Registered Psychiatric Nurses of Manitoba (CRPNM).
- Active participation in professional associations eg Association of Registered Nurses of Manitoba (ARNM) preferred.
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) training requirements for this position shall be in accordance with the applicable policy.
Qualifications and Skills
- Knowledge of:
- College of Registered Nurses of Manitoba Standards of Practice for Registered Nurses (College of Registered Psychiatric Nurses of Manitoba Standards of Practice for RPNs in Mental Health).
- Canadian Nurses Association Code of Ethics for Registered Nurses (College of Registered Psychiatric Nurses of Manitoba Code of Ethics for RPNs in Mental Health).
- Scope of practice as documented in the Regulated Health Professions Act (RHPA).
- Psychiatric Nurses Act for RPNs in Mental Health).
- Regional/Facility/Unit policies, procedures, protocols, and guidelines.
- Nursing care knowledge related to clinical area.
- Personal Health Information Act (PHIA), Protection of Persons in Care Act, Mental Health Act, Workplace Hazardous Material Information System (WHMIS), Principles of Routine Practices (Universal Precautions) and other legislated acts.
- Roles and responsibilities of members of the healthcare team.
- Principles of delegation.
- Demonstrated effective oral and written communication skills.
- Preference will be given to those applicants competent in an Indigenous language and/or knowledge in Indigenous customs, traditions and values.
- Ability to prioritize care for an individual patient or group of patients.
- Ability to delegate care appropriately and monitor outcomes of delegated care.
- Ability to respond to a variety of simultaneous demands.
- Ability to recognize and pursue self-development opportunities.
- Ability to perform independently and as a member of the healthcare team.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing situations.
- Ability to maintain concentration with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to function in a demanding and stressful environment.
- Demonstrated effective organizational, interpersonal, critical thinking/problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability to implement change.
- Proficient with computers, software programs, and applications such as Windows, Word processing, spreadsheets, and databases.
- Good physical and mental health.
- Moderate to heavy physical effort required.
- Hours of work are flexible and may include evening, night or weekend shifts as required.
We have a unique ability to work together to make health care better. If you want to make a difference and contribute to supporting the health of your family, friends and neighbours, please apply today.
Interested candidates should select the "Apply" icon below to upload their cover letter, resume and copy of licenses/certification.
This position requires a current satisfactory Criminal Records Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check as conditions of employment. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred. A security check is considered current if it was obtained no more than six (6) months prior to the start of employment.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more positions in Shared Health that combine to equal more than 1.0 FTE.
Shared Health values and supports employment equity and workplace diversity and encourages all qualified individuals to apply. We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.