- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Requisition ID: 26944
Career Group: Store Careers
Job Category: Retail - Store
Country: Canada (CA)
Province: Alberta (CA-AB)
Location: Safeway - 8812 (Downtown)
A proudly Canadian retail company, Sobeys began in 1907 as a small meat delivery business in Stellarton, Nova Scotia. Today, Sobeys Inc. serves the food shopping needs of Canadians with approximately 1,500 stores in all 10 provinces under retail banners that include Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, and Lawton's Drug Stores as well as in-store pharmacies, liquor and more than 350 retail fuel locations.
Together with our 125,000 employees and franchise affiliates and a collective passion for delivering exceptional food and shopping experiences, Sobeys' purpose is to improve the lives of Canadians by helping them Eat Better, Feel Better and Do Better. .
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
A day in the life of a Starbucks Barista: Working as a Starbucks Barista is an opportunity to provide personalized service for our customers. Become a server at one of our on-site cafés. There you will have the opportunity to become a coffee and tea expert, and polish you customer service skills in a fast-paced, dynamic and friendly environment.
- No previous experience required Key Responsibilities
- Upholds and complies with company procedures, standards and policies in all situations
- Greets customers in a polite and friendly manner
- Demonstrates superior customer service in accordance with Safeway's programs
- Process cash register payments by cash, cheque, credit card, gift card and debit
- Prepare hot and cold beverages, including specialty drink preparation
- Stocking and ordering product
- Light cleaning duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Ability to learn quickly
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Highly motivated and team oriented
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in both oral and written form
- Possess strong customer service qualities
- Works in a safe and responsible manner
- Available to work flexible hours
- Evening and weekend availability is strongly encouraged
- Must be available to be scheduled anytime on Sunday (Alberta Only)
- Physical Requirements (Seldom: Not Daily, Rare: 0-5% of shift, Occasional: 6-33% of shift, Frequent: 34-66% of shift, Constant: 66-100% of shift)
- Occasional lifting of up to 45 pounds
- Constant hand coordination, gripping
- Frequent computer and point of sale system use
- Frequent standing, bending
- Occasional walking, squatting
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.
- customer service