- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Commercial Banking Officer : 0000DX13
HSBC Bank Canada, a subsidiary of HSBC Holdings plc, is the largest and leading international bank in Canada. HSBC serves customers worldwide through an international network of around 3,800 offices in 66 countries and territories in Europe, Asia, North and Latin America, and the Middle East and North Africa.
We help companies and individuals across Canada to manage their finances through three global business lines: Commercial Banking, Global Banking and Markets, and Retail Banking and Wealth Management.
It’s this global connectivity that you will find yourself inspired and collaborating with colleagues not just locally but also across continents and cultures.
About Commercial Banking
HSBC Commercial Banking (CMB) has an extensive network that covers three-quarters of global trade flows. It operates in 54 countries and territories, covering the developed and developing markets that matter most to our customers. Through our teams we connect businesses to opportunities, helping them thrive and grow. We work with a wide range of customers, from mid-market companies to large multinationals, providing them with the tools they need to function efficiently.
These include global trade and receivables finance, global liquidity and cash management, multi-currency accounts, commercial cards, overdrafts, working capital finance, insurance, term loans and syndicated, leveraged, acquisition and project finance.
Relationship management is at the heart of our business and these teams work closely with customers to build an in-depth understanding of their needs.
Key Objectives for Associate Relationship Support Manager:
As a member of the Commercial Banking team, a Commercial Banking Relationship Support Manager works directly with a seasoned Relationship Manager (RM) who specializes in providing customized banking solutions to business owners and professionals within Business Banking. Relationship Managers in CMB work with a firm’s financial team, understanding the business, and providing a broad range of services and products to support that client’s financial goals and business objectives.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand
- Support Business Banking Relationship Managers with tasks as assigned
- Maintain HSBC internal control standards, including the timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
- Cultivate an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand.
- Ensure that all employees are aware of and effectively identify and manage applicable money laundering (ML), terrorist financing (TF), sanctions and reputational risks.
- Complete other responsibilities, as assigned.
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications:
- Competent entry level professional with an aptitude for sales, customer service, analytical and financial analysis skills who maintains and develops professional knowledge to bring best practice to the business
- Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university and/or at least one year experience in the banking / finance sector
- Knowledge of foundational accounting principles.
- Familiar with full range of Commercial Banking products and services
- Understanding of the fundamentals of credit financing and risk management
- Broad range of knowledge of industries in Canada
- Knowledge of the changing economic, social and governmental environment
- Able to build relationships with a diverse range of potential clients and have the confidence and skills to effectively interact with a diverse range of commercial clients.
- Are energized by the challenge of setting and reaching sales targets in a fast-paced, professional environment.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to quickly establish rapport with clients and colleagues.
- Can manage multiple tasks under competing deadlines and changing organizational dynamics.
- Solid organizational skills, independently prioritizing and coordinating responsibilities in a busy, sales and service environment.
In 2018, HSBC Bank Canada was named one of the “Best 50 Corporate Citizens” in Canada by Corporate Knights magazine. HSBC was also the first company to be recognized as a top performer in gender diversity within the financial services sector, as part of a new Corporate Knights initiative to recognize leaders in this space.
Join HSBC, and benefit from the following:
- Career Development: Within your current role, as well as Canadian and international opportunities
- Company Reputation: Offering prestige, strength, and longevity
- Business Growth: Underpinned by our drive, and the highest banking standards
- International Connectivity and impact: Build global relationships and be a part of international initiatives
- A diverse workforce: Reflecting our belief that diversity of thought, background and perspective make HSBC a stronger organization
- Corporate Sustainability: We build our business for the long term by balancing social, environmental and economic considerations in the decisions we make
: Commercial Banking
: North America-Canada-British Columbia-Victoria
: Full-time Shift
: Day Job
Type of Vacancy : Country vacancy
: 03-Dec-2019, 21:58:21 Unposting Date
: 18-Dec-2019, 04:59:00
- ms project
About the company
HSBC is one of the world’s largest banking and financial services organisations. We serve around
48 million customers through four Global Businesses:
• Commercial Banking
• Retail Banking and Wealth Management
• Global Banking and Markets
• Global Private Banking
Our network covers 72 countries and territories in Europe, Asia, the Middle East and North Africa, North America and Latin America.
With around 6,100 offices worldwide, we aim to be where the growth is, connecting customers to opportunities, enabling businesses to thrive and economies to prosper, and ultimately helping people to fulfil their hopes and realise their ambitions.
HSBC is listed on the London, Hong Kong, New York, Paris and Bermuda stock exchanges.
Specialties: Banking, Financial Services, International Finance and Banking, Wealth Management, Corporate and Business Banking.