- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
We are a team of 11 people based in the London office. We deliver a big chunk of the UK’s revenue and take our responsibility of sourcing inspirational holiday deals seriously. We’re lucky to have a fantastic team of highly motivated people who pride themselves on delivering great results.
About Secret Escapes
Secret Escapes is the UK’s biggest members-only website that runs best-in-market flash sales of four and five-star hotels and holidays worldwide. We offer our members exclusive rates of up to 60% off.
We're looking for hard working self-starters to join the team, who can keep up with the pace and want to make a difference. We still work in relatively small teams, so there's no room for coasting along. We're friendly, happy, and most importantly, we work hard. We're not afraid to be hands-on and we're all genuinely passionate about our brand.
Questions you will help answer OR Problems we are trying to solve
Package holidays are a big part of the UK business, and we think the opportunity to grow by turbo-charging our developing points of sale in Europe is huge. We’re looking for a talented sale and commercial manager with knowledge of the European market to join the team and help us grow this exciting product category.
Things you’ll be working on
- Development and maintenance of business relationships with tour operators and our in-house contracting teams
- Negotiating exclusive deals and discounted package holiday product with our suppliers
- Ensure that the Contracts Managers are aware of the specific requirements for the UK market
- Identifying a pipeline of sales that offer a constant diversity of products, from cultural tours to beach stays and everything in-between
- Manage all elements of the contracting process from target identification and initial contact right through to pricing, contract agreement and allocation management
- Determine the right balance of third and first party packaged product
- Work closely with your colleagues in pipeline, production, editorial, operations and customer services
- Continually review trading for every live deal ensuring that appropriate top-ups and amends are made during the life cycle to ensure maximum margin delivery
How the magic happens
We are a team of 11 people based in the London office. We deliver a big chunk of the UK’s revenue and take our responsibility of sourcing inspirational holiday deals seriously. We’re lucky to have a fantastic team of highly motivated people who pride themselves on delivering great results
The deal breakers
- Experience in the tourism industry with tour operators, travel agencies, airlines, OTAs, etc. Most likely in a trading, commercial, product or yield/pricing environment
- Excellent understanding of the UK outbound European travel market
- Excellent sales, business development and negotiation skills – previous flash sale experience a bonus
- Confident with using data to influence decision making process in order to achieve ambitious results
- Excellent stakeholder management skills - you’ll be working closely with many people around the business including senior management - so it’s important you are comfortable with managing expectations and understanding the various requirements different areas of the business may have.
And you are…
- An excellent negotiator and salesperson
- Boundlessly energetic and committed to your work and an entrepreneurial ‘can do’ approach to business
- Well organised, and able to work under pressure
- A real team player – you love working as part of a team and believe we can achieve the most when we all pull together
- Results driven, yet light-hearted and fun
- Have acute commercial awareness, and comfortable working with numbers as a basis for decision-making
- Passionate about delivering inspirational holiday product for the consumer
We are an equal opportunity employer:
Diversity and inclusion are important to us at Secret Escapes and we encourage a culture where everyone can be themselves at work. We value and actively seek out a richly diverse range of talent and our policies ensure that every job application and employee is treated fairly, with equal opportunity to succeed. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to any characteristic protected by law.