- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Are you an ambitious construction estimator, looking for a new role at an innovative and up-and-coming company?
Do you want to make your mark by making important contributions to an estimating department, while you build your career?
Search no more. We're Ingenuity (), a fast-growing design and construction firm specializing in projects in the ICI (industrial, commercial, institutional) sector, with a focus on commercial interiors. Ingenuity's mission is to construct the best built environments deploying leading business practices. Inspired by our creative and motivated team, we help people see, appreciate and enjoy the Spark at the heart of our craft
Your dedication to the quality of your work is what makes you stand out. Our commitment to quality is our differentiator - that's why we need you to help us complete our team, as a member of our Construction Estimation team.
As our new Construction Estimator, you will help projects come to life by accurately estimating the overall costs to deliver. You'll be involved in work procurement and pre- and post-contract award activities for complex projects in the industrial, commercial, and institutional (ICI) sector.
You'll develop project estimates and budgets for clients by analysing drawings, specifications, and obtaining bids from vendors and subcontractors.
When projects are complete, you'll analyze and compare final costs to estimates, and prepare reports and recommendations to resolve concerns about budgets and materials.
Why you'll love this role:
This is an opportunity to get in on the ground floor of our rapidly growing company as a key member of our Estimating team. You'll actively work on a developing estimates for a number of projects on a weekly basis while helping set up various templates and processes, and establishing a profile of projects for us to bid on.
This role will appeal to both your analytical and team-oriented nature. You'll work independently to conduct highly technical estimating work, but have a chance to interact with our team regularly to provide support to project managers and field staff. You'll build strong relationships with our team, trade partners, and vendors, and will feel well-supported, every day.
Practically speaking, you'll:
* Assemble and submit tender document packages
* Prepare accurate and well-organized budgets, estimates, and proposals
* Provide clear and detailed quantity take offs for estimated projects
* Establish and maintain a database of centralized labour and material unit pricing, trade partners, vendors, and subcontractors
* Advise firm principals about potential project risks
* Coordinate post-tender discussions and negotiations
* Monitor and update project budgeting documents and issues change orders as needed
* Work with and resolve concerns raised by field staff related to budgets and materials, and ensure project managers and field staff have the proper documentation and direction related to projects
This is a Full time permanent role, working out of our modern, beautifully-designed office in Mississauga. Most of the time, you'll work in the office, and occasionally travel to job sites (10% of the time). You'll work Monday to Friday, from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
We offer a competitive salary, commensurate with experience, and a benefits plan including medical, dental, and vision benefits.
We can't do what we do without the dedication and hard work of our team. Our focus is on building strong relationships with our employees. We encourage our employees to grow and we support them in their career development.
We're proud of our healthy and positive work environment, and we strive to maintain a vibrant culture. You'll love coming into work every day.
If you have the following qualifications we'd love to meet you.
And if you're an ambitious, entry-level estimator in pursuit of a great career opportunity, we'd love to hear from you too.
* Experience working as a construction estimator, estimating projects into the $10 million project cost range
* Experience estimating projects in the industrial, commercial, institutional sectors
* Experience using software for estimating and spreadsheet design/analysis
* Experience using AutoCAD
* Professional Quantity Surveyor (PQS) or Construction Estimator Certified (CEC) designation is an asset
* Educational background in engineering, architectural, or construction management, and/or building science is an asset
* Valid driver's license (for occasional travel to project sites)
How to Apply:
Our online application will give you the option to apply to this role as a complete person - not just a resume. The application will assess your qualifications, personality traits and workplace preferences, and should take 10 to 15 minutes to complete. After submitting, you'll receive an email inviting you to log in and view your assessment results.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us using the "Help" button
We will review applications, with priority given to those who have completed the assessment, and look forward to hearing from you.
- ms project