- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
You might not know our name, but you know where we are. That's because Compass Group Canada is part of a global foodservice and support services company that's the 6th largest employer in the world, with 625,000 employees.
You'll find us in schools, colleges, hospitals, office buildings, senior living communities, tourist attractions, sports venues, remote camps and military instillations and more. We're in all major cities, at remote work sites and everywhere in between - doing business in Canada and 50+ other countries where you can learn and grow. Join us now and point your career forward!
Imagine creating a place where tomorrow's leaders, big thinkers, and dreamers gather. Join us and know that you make it possible for others to learn, grow, and discover. Because of what we do, students and faculty share so much more than a meal. And that's why this is so much more than a job.
Why work with Chartwells? We are a member of Compass Group Canada, the leading foodservice and support services company. We cater to Generation Z on college campuses and upcoming K-12 generations. We offer dining programs and solutions that fit the unique needs of today's students. Join our commitment to providing responsible, healthy-eating solutions.
Job Summary Prepares food in accordance with applicable corporate standards, guidelines and regulations with established policies and procedures. Ensures quality food service is provided at all times.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare, pre-cook and/or cook food products as directed.
- Prepare "mise en place" (setting in place of foods, garnishes, sauces, dishes, cutlery, etc) and other products as required for high volume production.
- Clean kitchen equipment after use according to health and safety policies and procedures.
- Label, date, store and rotate food and beverage products in appropriate storage areas.
- Communicate effectively with all appropriate operational departments.
- Reports needed maintenance, faulty equipment or accidents to the supervisor immediately.
- Perform other duties as assigned or directed.
Think you have what it takes to be one of our Cooks? We're committed to hiring the best talent for the role. Here's how we'll know you'll be successful in the role:
- Proven cooking experience, including experience as a restaurant cook or prep cook.
- Food Handler Certification required.
- Certificate from a recognized cooking school.
- Excellent understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures.
- Accuracy and speed in executing assigned tasks.
- Familiar with industry's best practices.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
Compass Group Canada is committed to nurturing a diverse workforce representative of the communities within which we operate. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, without regard to race, colour, citizenship, religion, sex, marital/family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, disability or persons who may require an accommodation, to apply.
For accommodation requests during the hiring process, please contact (see below) for further information.