- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
You might not know our name, but you know where we are. That's because Compass Group Canada is part of a global foodservice and support services company that's the 6th largest employer in the world, with 625,000 employees.
You'll find us in schools, colleges, hospitals, office buildings, senior living communities, tourist attractions, sports venues, remote camps and military installations and more. We're in all major cities, at remote work sites and everywhere in between - doing business in Canada and 50+ other countries where you can learn and grow. Join us now and point your career forward!
Imagine a place where people work as one to create an experience that inspires many. Join us and know that you make it possible for friends, families, and co-workers to come together. No matter why they gather, we're here to serve. Because of what we do, people share so much more than a meal. And that's why this is so much more than a job.
Why work with Eurest Dining? We are a member of Compass Group Canada, the leading food and support Services Company. We provide diverse, innovative dining services to corporate headquarter locations, law firms, manufacturing facilities, distribution centres and call centres. Join our commitment to providing exceptional food service to the best of business and industry.
- Start date: January, 2020
- Compensation: $18.50/hr
- Type: Full time
- Shifts: Mon-Fri: 7:00 am - 3:30 pm
- Location: 9000 Glenlyon Parkway, Burnaby, BC.
Job Summary Responsible for the supervision and training of kitchen staff, in addition to the production, quality assurance, and profitability of all menu items.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with menu planning and maintaining a high level of quality and profitability in all Food & Beverage offering.
- Recommend and implement preparation to reduce costs and supervise all kitchen personnel to ensure correct methodologies are followed.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area adhering to food safety and health standards.
- Prioritize and delegate tasks in kitchen layout and prep.
- Ensure all products and ingredients required are delivered in a timely manner for prompt delivery to kitchens and clientele.
- Ensure food ingredients are stored in their designated area and rotated in the proper manner.
- Provide input into catering menus and develop new menu items.
- Work efficiently and effectively to gather, wash, cut, season, cook and store quality ingredients.
- Assist Food Service Director in maintaining accurate daily production records and complete all required documentation, reports, and logs as assigned.
- Train employees; plan, assign and direct work; appraise performance; rewards and discipline associates; address complaints and resolve problems.
- Advise management of purchasing requirements with a focus on minimizing waste and avoiding product shortages.
Think you have what it takes to be one of our Cook Supervisors? We're committed to hiring the best talent for the role. Here's how we'll know you'll be successful in the role:
- 3 years cooking experience in a past faced institutional kitchen environment.
- Food Safety/Food Handling Certification required.
- Excellent customer and client relationship skills.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal.)
Compass Group Canada is committed to nurturing a diverse workforce representative of the communities within which we operate. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, without regard to race, colour, citizenship, religion, sex, marital/family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, disability or persons who may require an accommodation, to apply.
For accommodation requests during the hiring process, please contact (see below) for further information.