- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Req ID: 3208
Vacancy Type: Part-Time
Number of Positions: upto 10
Closing Date: 12/08/2019
Job Summary Love the outdoors and Kids ! Want to be a part of the school community.
A part time job for just a few hours of the day. Here s the opportunity for you !
Hiring Spare Crossing Guards for Various Locations in Mississauga.
Duties and Responsibilities Reporting to the Supervisor, Crossing Guards the successful candidate:
- Assists pedestrians in safely crossing roadways at designated school crossings
- Communicates rules of safe crossing to both students and adults
- Must ensure compliance to the Highway Traffic Act, Occupational Health and Safety Act, and the City s Respectful Workplace Policy. etc.
- Must wear supplied safety clothing and use all safety equipment as per training by the Supervisor, Crossing guards and ot Team Leader, Crossing Guards and Field Leader, Crossing Guards following up with school officials and/or Peel Regional Police as directed by the Supervisor.
- May assist in training other crossing guards if requested.
Skills and Qualifications
- must be in good physical condition in order to be able to stand and walk holding a stop sign for up to one hour at a time in all weather conditions
- must demonstrate good hearing and eyesight
- must demonstrate good interpersonal and communication skills
- must be able to work independently without direct day to day supervision
- must be available to work 3 shifts per day during the school year, at school entry, lunch and dismissal times as per the hours of duty provided to fill in for crossing guards that are absent
Hourly Rate/Salary: 15.58 - 16.40
Hours of Work: upto 17.5 hours/week
Work Location: Mavis Yard: Common Building
Department/Division/Section: T&W/Transportation&Works Dept, T&W/Traffic Mgt & Municipal Parking Div, Traffic Services & Road Safety
Non-Union/Union: Non Union
A Criminal Record Search will be required of the successful candidate, their own expense, to verify the absence of a criminal record for which a pardon has not been granted.
We thank all who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Mississauga will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.
- trades and professions