- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Walmart Labs is partnering with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization on a mission to empower people who’ve been focused on care-giving transition back to the paid workforce. The Path Forward Return to Work program is a 16- week paid internship for experienced professionals, returning to the workforce after taking time off for caregiving. After completing the four-month program, qualified candidates will be considered for conversion to available full-time opportunities at Walmart.
If you are passionate about technology, have at least 5 years of professional experience and have been out of the paid workforce for at least 2 years to focus on caring for a child or other dependent, we welcome you to apply and join our team. We are excited to be part of the Path Forward program, because we appreciate the skills you can offer, the perspective you provide, and the contributions you will make. This program offers you a chance to revamp your skills, update your resume with new experience, and make connections with other women and men transitioning back to the workforce.
• Analyzing large data sets to develop custom models and algorithms to drive business solutions. Data Scientists work on project teams in order to provide analytical support to projects (for example, email targeting, business optimization, consumer recommendations) for Walmart eCommerce and Stores.
• Building large data sets from multiple sources in order to build algorithms for predicting future data characteristics. Those algorithms will be tested, validated, and applied to large data sets.
• Researching new trends in the industry and utilizing up-to-date technology (for example, HBase, MapReduce, LAPack, Gurobi) and analytical skills to support their assigned project.
• Conducting advanced statistical analysis to determine trends and significant data relationships.
• Researching new techniques and best practices within the industry.
• Working with cross-functional partners across the business
• Degree in STEM and 2+ years of related experience
• Knowledge of quantitative analysis, machine learning, data mining
• Good problem-solving skills
• Experience with at least one scripting language (Python, R etc.)
• Research experience in STEM field.
• Experience with big data technology (Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Hbase etc.) and data processing pipeline
• Experience in Real-Time stack and Streaming technologies (example Kafka) a plus
• Experience in Anomaly/Outlier Detection techniques
• Experience with at least one compiled programming language (Java or another object oriented)
About the company
Wal-Mart Stores, Doing business as Walmart, is an American multinational retailing corporation that operates as a chain of hypermarkets, discount department stores, and grocery stores. Headquartered in Bentonville, Arkansas, the company was founded by Sam Walton in 1962 and incorporated on October 31, 1969. As of January 31, 2017, Walmart has 11,695 stores and clubs in 28 countries, under a total of 63 banners. The company operates under the name Walmart in the United States and Canada. It operates as Walmart de México y Centroamérica in Mexico and Central America, as Asda in the United Kingdom, as the Seiyu Group in Japan, and as Best Price in India. It has wholly owned operations in Argentina, Chile, Brazil, and Canada. It also owns and operates the Sam's Club retail warehouses.