- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
What You'll DoAs a Data Scientist, you will:
- Identify opportunities to impact Cisco’s strategy, operations, and execution with data science insights
- Be the problem-solver and catalyst that will help business teams make better decisions using Data and Analytics
- Bring an inter-disciplinary skillset of Applied Math, Technology and Business
- Design, build, and operationalize models using the latest in AI/ML techniques to deliver meaningful solutions
- Develop Data Products/Services across Descriptive, Inquisitive and Predictive Analytics to improve business processes and drive tangible business outcomes
- Above all, come with a curious mind and a passionate learning mindset
Who You'll Work WithWe are building a best-in-class team of passionate, result oriented problem solvers with the aim of enabling better data-driven decisions and thereby creating business impact.
We operate as a startup: work hard, learn every single day, focus on doing measurable and impactful work; and have lots of fun along the way
Who You AreDo you thrive in a multi-tasking, rapid prototyping, and agile development environment? You bring the ability to draw conclusions from data and recommend actions. Good interpersonal skills are an important part of what you bring to this role.
Our minimum requirements for this role:
- BS/BA in an analytical or technical field (e.g. Math, Statistics, Data Science, Computer Science, Operations Research, Physics, or Engineering). MS preferred.
- 3+ years of industry experience in analytics/data science, preferably with some of that at a B2B company
- Consulting experience (especially analytics consulting) a plus
- You are skilled at defining problem statements, breaking down complex or fuzzy business problems into analytical questions, quantifying the impact to the business, synthesizing data to “tell the story,” and recommending solutions
- Excellent statistical understanding and experience with ML algorithms including regression, clustering, classification, decision trees, time series forecasting, neural networks, deep learning, etc.
- Experience with Python, R, SQL languages in analytical contexts
- Experience with large data sets and distributed computing, data warehousing, data integration, and ETL tools (e.g. Teradata, Hadoop, Hive, Spark, SAP HANA)
- Experience with ML frameworks/libraries e.g. TensorFlow, PyTorch, Caffe, Scikit-learn, Pandas, etc.
- Understanding of tools and infrastructure needed to support data science efforts. Bonus for cloud technologies e.g. Google Cloud Platform, AWS, Azure
- Experience with visualization tools, e.g. D3, Angular, Shiny, Tableau, Qlik, Data Studio, etc.
Why CiscoAt Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
About the company
At Cisco, transforming the way people work, live, play and learn also includes being a great place to work. For 17 years, we’ve been named a Fortune 100 Best Place to Work, one of a handful of companies included on the list since its inception. And, we are among 25 companies acknowledged as a world’s best multinational workplace.
We’re proud of this recognition because it means, at Cisco, you will enjoy working flexibly, using our own market-leading collaboration technology to drive innovation; taking advantage of numerous health and wellness resources; pursuing exciting career opportunities, and participating in programs to help your local communities or fulfill philanthropic interests. And, you’ll be doing all of this while being part of a global team that is making a positive difference in the world.
Learn why Cisco is a great place to work and what we offer you.