- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize her dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuels us, and moments define us.
Sales Operations partners across Sales, Services and Product organizations to lead profitable growth through business influence with financial intelligence and innovative customer solutions. An integral part of this team is Deal Management. It is the primary point of contact to sales teams, collaborating with Finance, Contract Management, operations and the business unit to package and review custom deals that drive profitable business for Rogers.
What you will be doing:
Deal Desk is responsible for driving the non-standard deal process, structuring deals, and influencing customer contracts. The Deal Desk Manager role is dynamic and is exposed to many different disciplines within Rogers. They are a trusted advisor and work closely with Account Executives, Product, Finance and many other internal and external stakeholders to strike the right balance to win the transaction.
Role & Responsibilities
- You will be the primary lead for the accounts you support and will:
- Act as single point of contact and deal advocate, for your area of responsibility
- Deliver on-going education to ensure Sales understanding and compliance with the non-standard deals approval process.
- Provide deal analysis identifying common trends and issues around pricing and competitive situations, learnings from deals, pricing pressures, competitive pressures, etc, encountered in the day to day management of the segment.
- Assist in developing program pricing constructs
- Through effective pricing decisions and recommendations ensure that Enterprise Business Unit is meeting revenue and profitability objectives while taking into account pricing strategy and competitive dynamics
- Collaborate with Product Management, Marketing, Finance, Operations and Sales primes on formulating bid strategies.
- Prepare and deliver deal recommendation presentations to senior management including members of Executive Leadership Team.
- Lead cross functional meetings which ensure pricing approvals can be implemented delivering a smooth customer on-boarding experience.
- Ensure effective and timely communication of deal decisions to stakeholders.
What you bring:
- 2+ years Commercial Deals experience
- 5+ years Telecom experience
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to influence, verbal and written communication skills
- Finance degree, MBA preferred
- Solid understanding of Back Office processes
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 1600 - 4710 Kingsway (016), Burnaby, BC
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Marketing & Marketing Research/Analysis
Requisition ID: 176048
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what's right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ .
Posting Notes: Corporate