- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Requisition ID: 234348
Work Area: Software-Design and Development
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That's why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it's the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people's lives.
Do you want to help us build and launch our next generation cloud-based Analytics platform in a fast-paced start-up culture that has the muscle and stability of SAP? Are you a passionate coder who wants an opportunity to learn new things while honing your skills using leading-edge technologies for Cloud, Big Data, Mobile, SAP HANA (in Memory) and modern Visualization? Do you thrive in a team with strong engineers to learn from and where all members of the engineering team, including management, are close to the code and making technical contributions? If so, then this is the right job for you! Help us shape the future.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
We need someone eager to learn, a creative problem solver, resourceful in getting things to work and productive working independently or collaboratively.
In your average week, you will
• Develop, test and maintain build system, CI/CD framework and deployment tools
• Automate and streamline deployment processes
• Develop and maintain a monitoring system that overlooks our build landscape
• Lead efforts in automation, continuous deployment, build, and configuration management
• Assess new technology projects and tools, or migrate our environments to latest versions to keep up with the rapid pace of change
• Provide 24/7 on-call support on a rotational basis (week-long every 7-8 weeks)
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
• 3+ years of relevant work experience
• Bachelor s degree, preferably in Computer Science or Engineering
• Experience building and managing complex build pipelines using tools like Spinnaker, Jenkins
• Experience with AWS, GCP or Cloud Foundry
• Ability to work well in a team as well as independently and have a positive, self-motivated can-do attitude
• Strong background in Linux/Unix Administration
• Experience with containerization technologies such as Docker, docker-compose in a production environment. Experience maintaining applications in virtualized environments
• Experience with Source control such as GIT
Bonus if you have experience with:
• Experience working with build and deployment orchestration technologies (Kubernetes, OpenStack, Puppet, Ansible, Terraform)
• Experience working with scalable networking technologies such as Load Balancers/Firewalls and web standards (REST APIs, web security mechanisms)
• Experience with monitoring solutions such as Zabbix, Prometheus, Grafana
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you're searching for a company that's dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment - apply now .
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: (see below) or (see below), APJ: (see below), EMEA: (see below) ).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.