- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Requisition ID: 36816
Position Number: 20056033
Posting End Date: December 10, 2019
Site: Riverview Health Centre
Department/Unit: Nutrition Services
Job Stream: Clinical Support
Anticipated Start Date - End Date: 01/10/2020 - 04/16/2020
Reason for Term: Other Leave
Anticipated Shift: Days; Weekends
Daily Hours Worked: 7.75
Annual Base Hours: 2015
Salary: $15.516, $15.982, $16.461, $16.955, $17.464, $17.988
Grow your career in the Winnipeg Health Region! Our team provides a spectrum of health care services through an integrated network of sites, services and organizations. We're united by a shared commitment to excellent and equitable health care.
Position Overview Under the direction of the Manager Support Services and general supervision of the Support Services Supervisor, the Diet Aide performs a variety of activities, which contribute to the operation of Patient Food Services. Responsibilities include patient tray and snack distribution, stocking unit kitchens, maintaining a clean and safe environment through ware washing and daily sanitation practices, performing inventory control functions, requisitioning and transportation of food and supplies following sanitation and infection control guidelines and regulations.
- Experience in health care or hospitality food service preferred.
- Minimum Grade X education, Manitoba standards required.
- Current Food Handler Training Certificate Level 1.
Qualifications and Skills
- Ability to express ideas and thoughts in English both verbally and in written format effectively, with the ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to operate equipment in a safe and responsible manner.
- Ability to listen and comprehend effectively.
- Ability to organize workload and set priorities.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work safely without injury to self, to patients/residents, or to other staff.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive interpersonal relationships with patients/residents, family members and coworkers.
- Ability to work as a team member and independently in a time sensitive environment.
- Physical and mental health to fulfill the responsibilities of the position.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds utilizing appropriate lifting techniques.
This term position may end earlier as outlined in the Collective Agreement.
This position requires a current satisfactory Criminal Records Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check as conditions of employment. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred. A security check is considered current if it was obtained no more than six (6) months prior to the start of employment.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more positions across the WRHA legal entity that combine to equal more than 1.0 EFT. The WRHA legal entity includes Churchill Health Centre, Deer Lodge Centre, Grace Hospital, Middlechurch Home of Winnipeg, Pan Am Clinic, River Park Gardens, Victoria General Hospital, WRHA corporate programs, and WRHA community health services.
Interviewed candidates may be called upon to participate in a skills assessment.
Any application received after the closing time will not be included in the competition.