- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
You might not know our name, but you know where we are. That's because Compass Group Canada is part of a global foodservice and support services company that's the 6th largest employer in the world, with 625,000 employees.
You'll find us in schools, colleges, hospitals, office buildings, senior living communities, tourist attractions, sports venues, remote camps and military installations and more. We're in all major cities, at remote work sites and everywhere in between - doing business in Canada and 50+ other countries where you can learn and grow. Join us now and point your career forward!
Imagine working in a place that brings out the best in you and helps others feel right at home. We provide an environment that balances independence with support. We customize our care, so that it's right for our residents and their loved ones. A funny thing happens when we encourage our residents to engage and enjoy—we do the same. This is healthy living at its finest. Join us.
Job Summary: Performs a variety of tasks integral to the operation of the food service operation.
Start Date: Open until filled.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Set tables in the dining room for each meal service. Check and ensure dishware, cutlery, glassware and service china are clean.
- Assist in assembling meals for tray service according to the meal tickets indicating therapeutic diets.
- Prepare coffee and tea throughout the day. Remove coffee and teapots from the dining room to ensure residents/patients do not have access to them as they present a safety hazard.
- Observe HACCP guidelines to ensure safe food handling/preparation methods.
- Assist in basic food preparation and special function catering as delegated.
- Restock service areas.
- Clean dining room floor after each meal service.
- Perform cleaning duties as assigned or, as per the posted cleaning schedule for that day.
- Follow WHIMIS and MSDS guidelines using chemicals, cleaning and sanitizing agents.
- Report any injuries or hazardous situations to the Food Service Supervisor or Manager immediately.
Think you have what it takes to be our Dietary Aides? We're committed to hiring the best talent for the role. Here's how we'll know you'll be successful in the role.
- Food Handler Certificate required for students.
- Food Service Worker Certificate required for non-students.
- Previous experience as a dietary aide or similar position.
- Knowledge of sanitation and safety guidelines.
- Skilled in preparing meals.
- Good time-management skills and ability to multitask.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Great interpersonal and communication skills.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
Compass Group Canada is committed to nurturing a diverse workforce representative of the communities within which we operate. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, without regard to race, colour, citizenship, religion, sex, marital/family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, disability or persons who may require an accommodation, to apply.
For accommodation requests during the hiring process, please contact (see below) for further information.