- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Requisition ID: 60585
Career Group: Corporate Office Careers
Job Category: Finance
Travel Requirements: 0 - 10%
Country: Canada (CA)
Province: Nova Scotia (CA-NS)
Location: King St. Office
Postal Code: B0K 1SO
A proudly Canadian retail company, Sobeys began in 1907 as a small meat delivery business in Stellarton, Nova Scotia. Today, Sobeys Inc. serves the food shopping needs of Canadians with approximately 1,500 stores in all 10 provinces under retail banners that include Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, and Lawton's Drug Stores as well as in-store pharmacies, liquor and more than 350 retail fuel locations.
Together with our 123,000 employees and franchise affiliates and a collective passion for delivering exceptional food and shopping experiences, Sobeys' purpose is to improve the lives of Canadians by helping them Eat Better, Feel Better and Do Better.
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
Overview Sobeys is full of exciting opportunities and we are always looking for exceptional strategic leaders to join our team! We currently have a Full time opportunity for a Director Finance -Backstage IT/EPMO/Support Services to join our National Finance Business Support team. This role has the option to be based out of one of our corporate offices located in Mississauga, ON, or Stellarton, NS.
Job Description What you ll get to do in this fast paced role:
- Compile and conduct analytics on corporate Selling, General & Administrative Expenses (SG&A). Maintain a holistic view of consolidated corporate SG&A, and identify cost improvement opportunities
- Organize and maintain forecasting, budgeting and reporting process for Corporate SG&A (backstage costs)
- Business Support for Information Technology and EPMO
- Provide business case analysis and support for the evaluation and control of IT expenditures (including e-commerce) both capital and non capital
- Monitor and hold the business accountable to IT expenditures (incl. e-commerce) both capital and non capital
- Responsible for the monitoring, controlling, reporting and governance of all IT project costing and expenditures
- Support vendor analysis in renewals, contract negotiation and costing
- Support prioritization process for EPMO, reporting, budgeting and forecasting and work with finance leads to ensure standards for business cases are met
- Optimize allocation of resources to maximize productivity and results
- Develop action plans for general efficiencies and required improvements
- Lead functional team and drive employee engagement
- Coach, develop and empower members within functional team
- Review employee engagement results and develop overall action plan
- Create opportunities for skill development and career progression to develop talent
- Create a coaching and development culture for all employees
Job Requirements What your resume will include and demonstrate to us:
- Post-Secondary education in Business/Accounting/Finance
- Professional designation (CPA)
- 10+ years accounting/finance experience in progressively responsible positions
- 3+ years experience leading a team(s)
- Aptitude for understanding new technologies
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills at Senior Executive level
- Strong ability to influence others
- Ability to create a team working environment
- Highly functional organizational ability
- Proficient use of the Microsoft Office Suite
This is a critical role within our organization which provides an opportunity to really impact the effectiveness of our business. This role also has frequent interaction with leadership across our organization, so we are looking for someone who is confident presenting at all levels. We are excited to hear from industry leading professionals in this space.
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a leading Canadian company with a clear vision and focus. We are only accepting online applications and welcome applications from all qualified people interested in this challenge. We will be contacting only those who will be selected to interview.
Sobeys offers our employees many valuable benefits such as:
- Growing organization
- Competitive salary
- Profit Sharing Plan
- Pension plan
- Flexible health and dental benefits plan (eligible employees)
- Ongoing Training & Development
- Opportunity for internal mobility to other departments and/or promotions (for employees who are strong performers)
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.
- ms project