- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Requisition ID: 60856
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
Purpose of Job:
Build robust IT Risk related controls and processes and ensure that controls are maintained and adhered to in the assigned IT portfolios. Directly support the Senior Vice-President of AML, KYC & Onboarding Technology, collaboratively assess, analyze and quantify IT risk, design controls and assist in their implementation within the business line. Part of a strategic and comprehensive IT Risk Management Function within the First Line of Defense, ensures implementation in accordance with regulatory expectations, risk appetite, organizational risk practices and evolving business practices.
- Advises and supports risk owners in day to day risk management activities and execution
- Acts as a primary interface and conduit between the risk owners and other risk groups (such as Knowledge Groups) to lead the facilitation and execution of risk management activities.
- Identifies, assesses, prioritizes and reports on material IT risks for IT and aligned business areas. This will require working with equivalent risk advisors in various business areas.
- Assists risk owners in adhering to policies, frameworks, standards and guidelines through active engagement, guidance and counselling.
- Performs control testing and monitoring (if applicable)
- Advises on the design of controls and remediation plans to mitigate risk
- Ensure that IT Risk assessments and outputs are recorded in enterprise tools and in full compliance of all policies and common standards, including the IT Risk Management Policy and Framework.
- Partners with other risk groups to assess, implement and communicate new/updated risk controls, frameworks, policies, risk indicators, metrics and limits.
- Identify pervasive IT risk issues or issues that are common across the landscape.
- Ensures implementation of a strong IT risk culture in partnership with the risk owners.
- Candidates should have a breadth of IT and Risk management experience (governance, operations, audit, control functions, compliance, risk management) over 7+ years.
- Candidates require strong leadership, communication and strategic influencing capability, supported by well-developed analytical and strategic thinking competencies.
- Requires expert IT Risk management experience; systems design, security, availability, disaster recovery, third party risk management, change management, release management. Exposure to cloud controls would be an asset.
- Good knowledge of multiple global banking businesses including related systems and procedures.
- Good ability to balance competing or conflicting goals of various departments and stakeholders which requires a mature, diplomatic approach and highly developed negotiation and influencing skills.
- Good communication, facilitation and presentation skills for developing communication strategies for Executive approval through to implementation of strategies and programs.
- Data Analytics and Visual dashboarding skills (PowerBI/Tableau) are desirable.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada’s International Bank, we are a leader when it comes to inclusion. We are a diverse and global team, speaking more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible.