- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
The Director of Marketing is responsible for defining, leading, and executing corporate and product/service marketing initiatives for the firm and across its key practice areas. The Director is a key hands-on partner with Practice Area Leaders and others in driving revenue through marketing strategy. The Director will:
- provide strategy, guidance, explicit tactics and hands-on leadership across the full range of marketing and communications issues
- lead a team of marketing professionals in explicit growth initiatives, web-based marketing, social media, and professional conference participation
- identify opportunities to continuously build upon the firm's brand equity, and
- provide explicit marketing support for every practice area, and their ongoing business development initiatives.
- Create and implement programs to enable and secure continuous client feedback, enliven and enlarge client relationships, and develop future business.
Marketing Strategy And Products:
- Lead the ideation and implementation of marketing and business development materials that advance the firm's objectives, including sales collateral, marketing decks, white papers, client case studies and testimonials, blogs, webinars, op-eds, and web and social media content.
- Direct the firm's website content, design, search engine optimization, and marketing.
- Report on the impact of leveraging digital/social media activity to achieve fiscal and reputation goals.
- Develop and maintain employee bios with pertinent client lists.
- Design and implement engagement at professional conferences, as well as uniquely structured outreach to further engage potential client institutions.
- Identify and execute operational efficiencies, and ensure coordinated firm-wide marketing across practice areas and individual consultant initiatives.
Practice Area Leader (PAL) And Consultant Partnership:
- Work closely with PALs to create multi-year strategies and annual marketing plans.
- In concert with PALs, create go-to-market strategies, positioning, and key value propositions for each consulting practice area.
- Collaborate with PALs, consultants, and others to create marketing plans for new staff onboarding, new and existing practice areas, and individual consultants; partner with PALs to continuously improve practice area marketing plans and collateral.
- Write, edit, and design full range of collateral to support both B2B and B2C marketing.
- Execute targeted campaigns to support consultants' sales efforts
- Leverage industry opportunities and forums, including conferences and other speaking opportunities, for PALs, consultants, and senior leaders.
- Implement multi-channel approaches for practice areas, industry cohorts, PALs, and consultants.
- Support webinar speaker preparation, promotional activities, and participant and sales lead tracking.
- Ensure master brand and messaging integrity across firm, practice areas, and individual consultant initiatives.
Administration And Management
- Hire, train, coach and evaluate marketing staff. Establish KPIs with marketing team along with plan to iteratively track, adjust and report.
- Develop and manage budget.
- The Director will report jointly to the firm's President and Chief Executive Officer. The Director will supervise a team of marketing staff members, and interns, and manage external agency relationships (as applicable).
- Bachelor's degree required in Marketing, Business, Communications, or similar discipline; advanced degree preferred.
- 10+ years of marketing experience, including strong strategic planning, clear and compelling writing skills, content development, and management experience.
- Experience with a professional services firm preferred.
- Skill using multiple techniques to advance marketing and business development objectives: client engagement, exceptional written communication, thought leadership, website and video, digital and social media, public relations, market research, and measurement and analytics, among others.
- Ability to quickly grasp complex concepts and express them clearly; superior written and verbal communications skills.
- A self-starter with demonstrated success working toward multiple priorities in a fast-paced, deadline- driven environment; ability to function well with ambiguity.
- Flexibility and a willingness to handle new tasks, accept feedback and direction, and anticipate and respond to the needs of clients and colleagues.
- Experience managing and motivating team for high performance.
- Exceptional strategic, analytical, and creative thinking abilities.
- public relations
- social media
About the company
Retail Detail is a retail recruitment, staffing and HR solutions agency based throughout Canada. The economy of the retail industry is growing as more young people desire to make their future careers within this field.
As new retail stores and companies are coming and growing, new recruits are needed and this is where we help through our services such as talent acquisition, outsourcing and training.