- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Requisition ID: 61628
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
This role is a core contributor within the Product Development team at Scotia Global Asset Management, with focus on external distribution channels. The role involves developing and building out leading edge actively-managed investment solutions under the Dynamic Funds brand. This role covers investment solutions using the mutual fund, ETF, and offering memorandum structure.
- Asset management product development accountabilities will include:
- - Understand and differentiate between the segments of the advisory marketplace.
- Perform detailed market research - have an ability to size a market, formulate a pricing strategy and understand the key competitors in each segment
- Formulate a product road map, one that details the shelf build and service enhancements, while being mindful of the structural framework, namely: of the needs of the distribution channel and investor
- - Research and recommend the features and pricing of new investment solutions
- Responsible for business case development and other approval documentation
Product Launch Execution and Delivery in a cross functional environment
- - Work in a cross functional environment: possess a working knowledge of finance, operations and product marketing
- Demonstrate superior project management skills
- Manage a product launch from idea to market with skillful navigation of the launch cycle:
- Pre-launch: Uncover market needs, assess channel readiness, create business case (manufacturing costs and pay back analysis) and product requirements/metric documents
- During the launch: effectively monitor and control launch vs. short/long term objectives, overcome short/long term technical issues
- Post launch: Act as a subject matter expert for distribution partners and conduct post launch analysis
Product shelf management
- - Develop positioning to increase, maintain or improve a product’s sales and marketing performance
- Management and maintenance of product databases and data vendor relationships
- Collaborate to develop product training and sales/marketing tools
- Drive thinking on how to maximize margin and improve product profitability
- Actively participates in a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
- Demonstrated success in a similar role with an affinity for product development.
- Highly developed analytical skills with proven experience in a leadership role.
- A strong understanding of financial markets and portfolio management theory is required as well as highly developed communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Education will include an undergraduate degree and preference given to CFA charterholders/candidates
- Proficiency with Excel, Powerpoint, project management tools; Morningstar Direct is helpful
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada’s International Bank, we are a leader when it comes to inclusion. We are a diverse and global team, speaking more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible.