- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Requisition ID: 65834
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
Leads and oversees Process, Compliance, Marketing & Communication team in Canada ensuring business strategies, plans and initiatives are executed / delivered in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
• Leads and drives a customer focused culture throughout their team to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
• Oversees the management of RESL projects / initiatives involving various cross functional working teams
• Directs the design and implementation of enhancements to existing Real Estate Secured Lending operating policies and procedures, including preparing business cases and reports and prioritizing the projects.
• Ensures proactive and collaborative management of multi-vendor relationships including large default insurer relationship, title insurer relationships and broker origination platforms.
• Directs the identification, design, development and implementation of new/enhanced RESL policies, procedures and documents relating to the mortgage journey from origination to payout across all delivery and servicing channels.
• Leads the identification, creation or enhancement of products/programs that provide Real Estate Secured Lending with a unique point of differentiation across all sales channels. By seeking field input and reviewing industry leading offerings we will stay current and ahead of our competitors.
• Ensures the collaboration with Marketing and communications partners to deliver product expertise for mass marketing and targeted marketing campaigns designed to maximize business opportunity and revenues. Monitors the success of our campaigns and manages the SIMON marketing content to ensure relevancy.
• Manages our multi-channel communication process to reduce redundancy, streamline our approach with external partners, and ensure that communications are delivered within established timelines.
• Supports training initiatives and tools to enhance the positioning of products and programs for branches, alternate channels, and the Customer Contact Centre by developing and/or coordinating materials.
• Supports digital initiatives for the RESL team as the primary SME by working with Scotiabank.com, Scotia OnLine and mobile banking teams to prioritize and champion customer facing solutions designed to improve the mortgage and secured lending customer experience.
• Direct RESL governance and compliance policies, reports and issues (including Customer Privacy, Know Your Customer process, AML/ATF statements, etc.), ensuring RESL and Bank legal interests are protected from an operational and reputation risk
• As the Designated Anti-Money Laundering & Compliance Officer for RESL, ensure that RESL is compliant with Bank Act, Trust and Loan Companies Act, PIPEDA, and with regulatory directives as issued by OSFI, FCAC, CBA
• Oversees various regulatory requirements as requested by OSFI/CBA/Internal Partners (GRM/Risk/IBS) and provides operational support to the department and other Bank units/delivery channels/centralized units
• Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
• Creates an environment in which his/her team pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank’s Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
• Builds a high performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment and using a coaching mindset and behaviours; communicating vison/values/business strategy; and, managing succession and development planning for the team.
Educational and Other Requirements
- University Degree and 10+ years of financial services experience
- Experience in Real Estate Secured Lending an asset
- Experience in Compliance an asset
- Experience in Product Management an asset
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
- real estate
About the company
Scotiabank is Canada’s international bank and a leading financial services provider in North America, Latin America, the Caribbean and Central America, and Asia-Pacific. We are dedicated to helping our 23 million customers become better off through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets. With a team of more than 88,000 employees and assets of $896 billion (as at July 31, 2016).
Scotiabank es el banco internacional de Canadá y un destacado proveedor de servicios financieros en Norteamérica, América Latina, el Caribe y Centroamérica, y Asia-Pacífico. Estamos comprometidos en ayudar a mejorar la situación de nuestros 23 millones de clientes a través de una completa gama de asesoría, productos y servicios en los sectores de banca personal y comercial, gestión patrimonial, y banca privada, corporativa y de inversión, y mercados de capital. Con un equipo de más de 88,000 empleados y con $ 896,000 millones en activos (al 31 de julio de 2016).
La Banque Scotia est la banque internationale du Canada et un leader parmi les fournisseurs de services financiers en Amérique du Nord, en Amérique latine, dans les Antilles, en Amérique centrale et en Asie-Pacifique. Elle s’est donné pour mission d’aider ses 23 millions de clients à améliorer leur situation au moyen de conseils et d’une vaste gamme de produits et de services, dont des services bancaires aux particuliers, aux entreprises et aux sociétés, des services bancaires privés, d’investissement et de gestion de patrimoine ainsi que des services liés aux marchés des capitaux. Au 31 juillet 2016, l’effectif de la Banque Scotia s’élevait à plus de 88 000 employés et son actif à 896 milliards de dollars.