- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Director, TI Finance (Segment Advisory & Performance Management)What is the opportunity?
As the Director, TI Finance (Segment Advisory & Performance Management) you will be accountable for the financial governance, advisory support and platform communication related to Tech Infrastructure's (TI) Platform charge outs of over $1.2 billion annually. You will execute on all aspects of TI charge out planning, forecasting & reporting processes and drive efficiencies along these processes and tools to enable insightful dialogue with the businesses. You will also proactively provide advice and performance management support to all RBC business segments and line of businesses in support of cost control, technology strategy and budget management objectives.
What will you do?
- Lead a team of analysts and advisors to understand the allocation of TI services to various Segments/LoBs.
- Provide value added advice to the segments on cost drivers and ways to manage their costs.
- Lead the 5 year outlook process for allocations to Segments including production of executive commentary for decks and Finance and BAS prep for Business Review meetings
- Accountable for the annual Stress testing exercise for TI
- Accountable for the executive communication material as it relates to Segment financials for actuals, forecasts and Plan
- Accountable for the annual rate card; ensuring total recoveries align with NIE and reasonability of Platform profiles
- Responsible for the alignment of Charge out Statement and CFRS as it relates to reporting for Plan restatements, org structure changes or service methodology changes
- Onboarding of new services to the Bill of IT including GL creation and model enhancements
- Proactively manage NIBT on a monthly basis and make recommendations on potential true ups/rebates and/or in year rate changes
- Oversee the upload and reconciliation of monthly actuals and forecast/plan in the Charge out Financial Reporting System (CFRS) sub-ledger
- Work closely with the Costing team, Service Management, Transit owners and BAS to develop service rates based on an understanding of the business growth and drivers and strategy around technology
- Accountable for data quality in the Charge out statement and to provide reporting to segments and business partners on volume/application related information including trend reporting and variance analysis.
- Anticipate and quantify tactical, operational and strategic risks applying risk-based approach to IT Services consumption and volumetric planning/forecasting.
- Accountable for data governance management including data quality, accuracy and change management.
- Identification of Data Quality and operational Risk issues originating from interfacing systems of record
- Lead multi-year charge out analysis, forecasting and rate planning with the IPDC volumetric planning exercise.
- Rationalize the number of billable service rates to meet broader TI Strategic objectives
- Accountable for scheduling inputs to the broader Finance schedule for Plan and Quarterly restatements.
- Lead reporting activities related to TI charge outs and recoveries, rate adjustments and analysis/planning for Segments and LoBs
- Mentors managers in their development and continuous improvement.
- Act as the SME for special projects regarding cost allocations including conducting cost studies
- Validate charge out/segment impact for inclusion in PARs
- Resolve complex issues and conflicts and escalate to executive level where required.
- Promote innovative or improved methods to get the work done and implement best practices
What do you need to succeed?
- 8+ years' experience in finance/accounting field
- University degree; accounting designation (CPA, CFA, CA, CGA) or MBA
- Demonstrated leadership ability along with Financial Management leadership
- Ability to dissect large volumes of data into key messages and effectively communicate these messages to Executives
- Demonstrated leadership ability to influence directly and indirectly across multiple functional areas
- Change management mindset
- Superior communication skills, both oral and written, superior interpersonal and effective collaboration skills, to act as a change agent and facilitator and to establish relationships across all levels of the enterprise
- Superior business acumen
- Strong understanding of strategic and business planning processes
- Ability to navigate, adapt and lead others through ambiguity, complexity and continuous change
- A strong team player who collaborates, acts as one team and speaks up for the good of RBC
Nice to Have
- Knowledge of RBC financial systems/processes and experience supporting Technology teams
What's in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and manage a high-performing team
- Opportunities to do challenging work and take on progressively greater accountabilities
- Opportunities to partner with other leaders within the enterprise.
Royal Bank of Canada is Canada's largest bank, and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization. We are one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies, and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis. We have over 80,000 full- and part-time employees who serve more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 37 other countries. For more information, please visit rbc.com .
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers .
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.