- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Open up to the Possibilities!
At Purolator, you'll be proud knowing you're working for a Canadian company that truly values its employees. And it's community. This is an exciting and evolving industry and we're leading the change as we strive to deliver the future. Here you will be empowered to help move the business forward. Each and every day. Are you open to the possibilities?
The Divisional Security & Loss Prevention Manager contributes to the development of Purolator's security strategy to balance loss prevention, promote customer's business success and enables Purolator's growth . Working with the Ontario Hub, Freight and PI Operations, develops and implements the field division's Security & Loss Prevention policies and practices/protocols for the execution of the security strategy, achievement of loss prevention targets and support of the crisis management/business continuity activities
- Manages the divisional Security & LP team and other projects as assigned, oversees and is responsible for their work and investigations as well as provision of adequate training, guidance and mentoring to the team.
- Ensures employee engagement in company's security and loss prevention efforts to prevent, reduce, mitigate risk and loss to our customers and Purolator, increase regulatory security compliance and respond to incidents.
- Supports growth by liaising with the Sales Department and National Accounts security program to promote our Security Operations as a value proposition to our customers; resolving customer complaints and work with customers where necessary to improve their loss/damage experiences
- Manages the deployment and directs Regional Security & LP Managers and/or teams in simple and complex cases, using trending, risk and intelligence based techniques. Will also conduct investigations.
- Prepare and manages the functional budget for the division security operations.
- Develops close relationships with internal and external partners such as senior law enforcement, security agencies, and private sector counterparts and uses this knowledge to apply best practices and perform job functions.
- Conducts risk assessments & audits, investigations, prepares reports, briefs management on status of security issues and provides relevant advice using excellent written and oral presentation skills.
- Recommends and deploys, in conjunction with the Manager, Security Technology Solutions, state-of-the-art technology solutions and innovative security management techniques to safeguard Purolator's assets.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Proven minimum experience at least 10-15 years in security management or operations or relevant experience
- Proven strong experience in leading, managing, training and developing teams (minimum of 5 years)
- Security Management College Diploma/Studies preferred or Advanced Police Management or relevant qualification
- Professional certifications such as: CPP - Certified Protection Professional, PSP - Physical Security
- Professional, PCI - Professional Certified Investigator, CFE - Certified Fraud Investigator strongly preferred
- Risk Management training
- Strong Investigations/Major Case Management and/or Intelligence Operations Management experience
- Strong understanding or experience in government industry certifications programs such as CT-PAT, PIP or
- Strong understanding of current laws and regulations in Canada and emerging legal issues
- Crisis Management and/or Data Analysis training
- Strong experience in MS Office Suite, particularly Excel
- Security Systems Technology experience
- Management of Security Operations in a fast paced environment
- Experience in diverse work environment.(Asset)
- Experience in employee and labour relations
- Experience in presenting or delivering presentations and training programs
- Ability to meet government security clearance requirements, maintain a valid passport and ability to travel as required
Location: 563 - Ontario Hub
Working Conditions: Office Environment; On the Road; Retail Center Environment; Warehouse Environment
Reports to: Director Security & Loss Prevention
--- Purolator is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, Aboriginal/Indigenous status or any other factors considered discriminatory. If you require an accommodation during the recruitment process, we will work with you to meet your needs.
We recognize that our employees and their families are key stakeholders. We will only be successful as a business if we provide our employees with a safe and healthy workplace and we have the right people in the right roles with the support they need to succeed. We hire for attitude and train for skills. To learn more about us and our values, go to www.purolator.com.
At Purolator, every day is an opportunity for our employees to connect with one another and with our customers to help make a positive impact in the communities where we live, work and play.