- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
9660 Enterprise Way SE Calgary, AB T3S 0A1
Phone: 403-255-1131 Fax: 403-212-4755
Standard General Inc. Calgary is a growing, dynamic contractor in land development and road construction in the greater Calgary area. Through our affiliation with the Colas Group of Companies, we are part of an organization that is a world leader in road construction. You'll be able to take advantage of professional development and growth opportunities while working on exciting, leading-edge projects. Standard General is dedicated to making a lasting impression through our work, our people and our relationships.
About The Role
The Tack Truck Driver efficiently operates an asphalt distributor and maintains an acceptable level of workmanship and productivity to support the asphalt paving crews. This is achieved by spraying various asphalt based tack coats before paving operations to help asphalt adhere to the road structure.
As a Tack Truck Driver at Standard General, you will:
- Operate the Tack Truck and other equipment in a safe manner.
- Follow direction of foreman as to required work area and emulsion distribution rates.
- Load tack truck oil from tank.
- Fill asphalt and burner tanks, cleaning and setting spray bars, and cleaning excess asphalt out of tanks.
- Ensure valves are in correct position, and truck controls are set for proper circulation and ventilation.
- Constantly monitor temperature and heat oil accordingly.
- Spray oil in designated areas.
- Work with asphalt paving crew when distributor is not required.
- Perform daily maintenance and safety checks on the equipment.
- Perform other tasks an instructed by the foreman which may include using tools such as brooms, picks, shovels, pneumatic hammers etc.
To Be Successful In this Role, You Will Need:
- Driver's License (Class 3 with air endorsement)
- 2-3 years of experience operating a tack truck
- Knowledge of all paving equipment and the paving process.
- Positive attitude and ability to work as part of a team.
- Must be able to meet all safety requirements and applicable safety policies.
- Ability to work overtime as required.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule with last minute schedule changes.
- Shoveling, raking, climbing, sitting, stooping, bending, squatting, lifting, stretching, driving, pulling, pushing, twisting, kneeling and reaching.
- Must be able to work in extreme weather conditions.
What We Can Offer You:
- Lots of hours!
- Competitive pay
- Comprehensive benefits and pension plan
- Mentorship opportunities
- Education assistance
- The opportunity to work with some amazing people!
Standard General Inc. Calgary offers exciting growth opportunities, excellent wages and benefits, and the opportunity to become part of a strong team and leader in the construction industry.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
- trades and professions