- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
EEDA Hardware Engineering Specialist-MON16670
At Bombardier, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we'll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
In your role, you will:
- Participate to Bombardier preliminary and critical system design reviews.
- Review and assess supplier's airborne software and electronic hardware certification plans.
- Review and assess supplier's airborne software and electronic (FPGA, ASIC, PLD) designs.
- Perform technical and process audits at supplier's facilities.
- Perform safety of flight reviews.
- Assess software and hardware test results and analyses and determine final compliance status.
- Lead the resolution of safety, compliance or technical deficiencies with the suppliers and Bombardier stakeholders.
- Prepare and/or review design compliance reports.
- Contribute to evolution of the EEDA domain roadmap.
- Mentor less experienced professionals.
As our ideal candidate,
- You hold a University engineering degree in Electronics, Software, Aerospace Engineering or equivalent.
- You have Canadian citizenship.
- You have a minimum of 8 years of experience in a technical engineering field, including a minimum of 6 years in aeronautics.
- You have thorough working knowledge of airborne software and electronic hardware guidance and Means of Compliances.
- RTCA DO-178B/C, DO-248B/C, DO-254.
- EASA EASA CM-SWCEH-002 (associated with DO-178B) and CM-SWCEH-001.
- FAA AC 20-115D and AC 20-152A.
- FAA Order 8110.49A and 8110.105A.
- You have a minimum of 5 years of experience in airborne software and electronic hardware development and testing (FPGA, ASIC, or PLD).
- You have knowledge of requirements capture environments (DOORS, JAMA, ).
- You have working knowledge of multiple programming languages (C, C++, Ada95, Assembly, Python, ) and multiple hardware description languages
- You have knowledge of Embedded computer architectures.
- You have knowledge of operating systems and Real Time executives.
- You have general knowledge in electronics and software programming.
- You have experience with civil aircraft and airworthiness authorities.
- You are member of the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec (OIQ).
- You are ambitious and have a solid drive for results.
- You have the ability to work autonomously, with little supervision.
- You are organized, a team player, self-motivated, customer focused, and able to work under pressure.
- You have demonstrated that you are pro-active, adaptable and flexible, you take initiative, you are innovative, have a strong sense of accountability and integrity.
- You have the ability to influence.
- You have strong oral and written English communications skills and functional French communication skills are desired.
Bombardier is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply.
Whether your candidacy is moving on to the next step of the hiring process or not, we will keep you informed by email or by phone. Join us at careers.bombardier.com
Your ideas move people.
Primary Location: CA-QC-Montreal Dorval
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 24.10.2019, 4:37:25 PM