- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
BWXT ITG Canada, Inc. provides its customers, who conduct life-saving medical procedures for patients around the world, the benefit of decades of experience in the development, manufacturing, packaging and delivery of medical isotopes and radiopharmaceuticals. Headquartered in Kanata, Ontario, BWXT ITG Canada, Inc. employs over 150 highly-skilled people in Kanata and Vancouver, British Columbia. BWXT ITG Canada, Inc. is part of the BWXT nuclear power segment (NPG) of BWX Technologies, Inc.
We are currently seeking a Development Manager, for our Ottawa location.
Reporting to the Director of Development and Process Engineering, the Development Manager will lead a group of Engineers and Technicians. The Development Manager responsibilities include the execution of projects that establish new company products in the Medical Isotopes market, interacting with key customers and partners, setting team goals and objectives, reviewing and managing performance, and completing internal strategic planning.
Has functional management responsibility including:
- Manages experiments or tests with outcomes that have a high degree of uncertainty. Leads teams to design, build, and test prototypes of high novelty equipment or processes.
- Ensures that project objectives are met by developing specification, analyzing project data, completing and reviewing calculations, and interpreting data.
- Manages/administrates a functional group of Engineers and Technicians.
- Deals with functional employee performance issues
- Liaises with Human Resources on employee or bargaining unit issues
- Liaises with Project Leaders to ensure that projects are adequately staffed. In addition, the manager will lead resolution related to technical issues, scheduling conflicts, and conflicting project requirements.
- Liaise with Director of Development and Process Engineering and other Managers and Project Leaders to successfully promote mandate of group.
- Leading and advising engineers and technicians to meet project requirements.
- Exercises cost responsibility for the assigned project and works to achieve product cost objectives.
- Provides technical assistance and input to Marketing Team, Manufacturing Support, and Operations.
- Represent the Company on committees, boards, panels and/or commissions
- Monitors and reports project progress and provides solution alternatives for reported problems.
Education and experience
Candidates are expected to have:
- Normally University Honours Degree in Engineering or Science.
- 10 years of relevant work experience.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in the nuclear medicine field.
- Demonstrated experience leading projects related to Medical Device or Final Drug Product development and manufacturing.
- Demonstrated experience working with heath and nuclear regulators including but not limited to; Heath Canada, the CNSC, the US FDA, and the US DOE.
Knowledge and abilities
- Must understand current good manufacturing practices, and be able to apply those practices to the projects they lead.
- Must demonstrate strong interpersonal, people, and managerial skills to appropriately lead people, and manage company financial resources.
- A capacity to understand, interpret, and explain complex technical systems or phenomena.
- A capacity to construct, edit, and review written technical documentation.
- A detailed knowledge and experience in one or more pertinent disciplines or sub-disciplines and must have a general appreciation for and understanding of other specialties and disciplines.
- Must be capable of working cooperatively with peer managers, direct reports and/or project team members.
- Must be resourceful creative and reliable.
- Must be fiscally responsible.
- Must develop a strong knowledge of and appreciation for Company culture, operating policies and procedures and practices.
- Must demonstrate personal qualities of initiative and set appropriate standards of technical performance such that the project staff is motivated to meet or exceed project requirements.
- Demonstrated capacity to lead and motivate.
BWXT ITG Canada Inc. embraces diversity of thought, values individuality, encourages new perspectives and provides equal opportunity in employment for all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, disability, a conviction for which a pardon has been granted or a record suspended or any other category protected by federal law.
- human resources
- ms project