- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Canada - Alberta, Calgary
AECOM is actively seeking a highly motivated Entry Level Planner/Coordinator for employment in the Calgary, AB office. AECOM is pleased to include you in a unique development opportunity, the Graduate Development Program (GDP). This program is designed to support your assimilation into the organization and assist with creating a foundation of knowledge for a successful career at AECOM. You will gain experience in your discipline through learning on the job and participate in development opportunities during the program, including access to AECOM's social media resources, group mentoring, and professional networking. The program also has learning activities that will be available to you, including webinars and on-line programs.
Imagine working on rewarding projects within a diverse culture, and having access to exceptional training and career development opportunities. Working at AECOM means being part of a global team, working with award-winning professionals across the world. Aspire to be a key player on some of the best projects regionally, with opportunities to work on projects nationally or internationally. Our people bring deep industry knowledge to help you succeed.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Assist project managers / environmental planners in the overall project management of large environmental assessment, permitting, and other environmental projects.
- Complete desktop assessments to identify potential wildlife, wildlife habitat and other natural environment feature concerns associated with proposed developments.
- Assist in the development of environmental permit applications and environmental protection and management plans.
- Assist project managers in the planning, coordination, and logistics of environmental field studies.
- Facilitate meetings with clients and environmental regulatory agencies, including tracking of meeting minutes and reports.
- Evaluate task progress against project schedule and budget. Evaluate project performance and identify areas of concern.
- Manage subcontractor’s involvement in the projects. Coordinate contracts, budgets, commitments, expenditures, invoices and performance.
- Support project managers in the development of project proposals and other business development activities.
- Support compliance with Safety, Health, and Environmental requirements and coordination of AECOM’s quality control program.
- BA/BS + None or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in environmental science or biology, from a recognized university, college, or equivalent
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite with proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to work in both field and office environments
- Possess a valid class 5 driver’s license
- Masters degree
- Experience working for environmental or engineering consulting companies, in either co-op work terms or summer jobs
- Knowledge of project management concepts and processes
- Experience with rare plant and ecological community and weed surveys
- Experience with soil assessment and classification
- Knowledge of provincial and federal regulations as they apply to developments in Alberta
- Experience writing and preparing technical reports
- Proficiency with ArcGIS to prepare maps and data analysis
- Strong analytical, planning, organizational, problem solving and time management skills
- Good interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to express ideas logically, clearly, and concisely
- Ability to function effectively as part of a team and independently
- Highly motivated and accountable
- Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is
pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions
inclusion, diversity and overall
employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our
core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only
delivering a better world , but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Job Category Planning
Business Line Environment
Business Group Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 229794BR
Clearance Required No
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.