- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- St. John's
You might not know our name, but you know where we are. That's because Compass Group Canada is part of a global foodservice and support services company that's the 6th largest employer in the world, with 625,000 employees.
You'll find us in schools, colleges, hospitals, office buildings, senior living communities, tourist attractions, sports venues, remote camps and military installations and more. We're in all major cities, at remote work sites and everywhere in between - doing business in Canada and 50+ other countries where you can learn and grow. Join us now and point your career forward!
Why work with Crothall? Imagine working in a place where people approach each day with passion and purpose. As a leader in healthcare services, we believe that you can make a big difference just by finding little ways to show people you care. Become part of our team and know your contributions are vital to bettering lives. Join us.
Job Summary Now, if you were to come on board as an Environmental Services Manager, we'd ask you to do the following for us:
- Implement and conduct training sessions and coordinate an annual training calendar at site for all housekeeping and laundry staff.
- Complete a monthly summary of the completed Compass Quality Assurance Program and submit to the District Manager, Regional Director, Unit Manager and client.
- Conduct weekly quality assurance audits in housekeeping and laundry and follow-up with the staff, including keeping the manager involved as needed.
- Review job routines, programs and systems for housekeeping and laundry to ensure continuous quality improvement.
- Ensure the Compass Health and Safety program is in place, including trained first aiders, an active OH& S committee, H&S training and audits.
- Active participation in the Health and Safety Committee for the facility.
- Attend client meetings as applicable to the areas in housekeeping and laundry.
- Ensure all Marquise staff is appropriately trained in and follow infection control programs.
- Interact with suppliers and vendors as it relates to housekeeping and laundry services.
- Recruit, hire, performance manage and discipline all housekeeping and laundry staff.
- Participate in the budgeting process and the ongoing financial management of the housekeeping and laundry departments.
- Ensure all Compass HR programs are in place and complete for housekeeping and laundry staff, including CHAT, Be-A-Star, HERO, Weekly Safety Minders, etc.
- Complete accident investigation forms and recommend ERTW programs for housekeeping and laundry staff.
- Recommend equipment and supplies needed for housekeeping and laundry operations.
- Conduct hands-on daily maintenance (physical building maintenance required for this role-including floor care/cleaning and some snow blowing during winter).
- Act as the main liaison with the Environmental Public Health Officer and other regulatory bodies, as applicable as it relates to environmental services.
- Participate in the completion of the Balanced Scorecard for the unit.
- Meet and check-in with the client on a regular basis and attend meetings as requested.
- Take the lead and coordinate schedules for environmental special projects.
Think you have what it takes to be an Environmental Services Manager? We're committed to hiring the best talent for the role. Here's how we'll know you'll be successful in the role.
- Post-secondary education an asset.
- Three years of management experience in healthcare, facilities, environmental services or related.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Proficient computer skills, specifically with Windows.
Compass Group Canada is committed to nurturing a diverse workforce representative of the communities within which we operate. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, without regard to race, colour, citizenship, religion, sex, marital/family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, disability or persons who may require an accommodation, to apply.
For accommodation requests during the hiring process, please contact (see below) for further information.