- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Requisition ID: 69558
At Scotiabank Digital Factory, the reach and opportunity of a global organization meets the passion and drive of a startup. Reinvention starts here—and it starts with you.
We believe that the pathway to success is paved with user feedback, so we’re constantly asking our customers how they want to bank. When we find an opportunity to make things people will love, we assemble teams of specialists to collaborate in Digital Factories in Canada, Chile, Mexico, Peru, and Colombia. We work fast, and we work smart. Join us to create meaningful experiences and build the bank of tomorrow for our customers around the world.
If you’d like to learn more about the Digital Factory workspace, our Digital Banking career opportunities, Communities of Practice, and open source projects, check out our microsite: https://digitalfactory.scotiabank.com/
We’re looking for an Executive Assistant to join our team! You will be supporting 2-3 leadership members and will be responsible for performing a number of administrative duties including, but not limited to: Scheduling meetings, coordinating travel arrangements, managing calendars, as well as many other organizational tasks.
Is this role right for you?
- Manage all aspects of short-term and long-term calendars to ensure meetings are prioritized with internal and external stakeholders as appropriate
- Manage inboxes to ensure action items are prioritized
- Effectively maintain relationships with other Coordinator's in scheduling and coordinating meetings.
- Proactively anticipate needs of each leader in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Support onboarding of new team leaders
- Support the planning/execution of engagement activities, including reward and recognition.
- Assist in the preparation and distribution of meeting agendas, letters, memos, presentations and reports. Creatively uses Power Point and communication skills.
- Contribute to a team focus of continuous improvement -- improving how we work, including the experiences and working environment in Corporate Communications.
- Support broader leadership team on change management initiatives
- Work comfortably with a wide variety of people at all levels
- Work with the leaders to manage department budgets
- Manage all travel arrangements and accompanying material
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed?
- Experience in an office environment where you have worked in an administrative capacity
- A high level of proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), proficient with web, and able to quickly learn enterprise applications. Strong PowerPoint skills are a MUST
- A team player attitude with the ability to be resourceful, spirited, innovative and highly service-oriented
- You are an energetic self-starter (proactive) who is able to take initiative, ask great questions, demonstrate curiosity, work with minimum supervision, and multi-task under pressure.
- You have strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to work in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment.
- You have strong attention to detail.
- You have strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to get things done through others. This involves interacting with a wide range of individuals in different situations and often requires tact, diplomacy, judgment and discretion.
- You take personal responsibility for delivering quality service.
- You are willing to adjust work hours on occasion, as required
What's in it for you?
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create beautiful customer experiences
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- Dress codes don't apply here, being comfortable does
- Free shuttle service to and from Union station, which means more money in your pocket
- Onsite subsidized cafeteria with a chef, so you can snack all day, every day
- Onsite fitness center, so you can feel your best
- This isn't your typical "corporate" job. We work hard and we have fun!
- Access to thousands of online and in person courses so you can brush up on skills, or learn new ones
- Career progression opportunities. We hire you for your talent and not just for the job. We want to see you succeed not just in your role but in your career as a whole
- A competitive rewards package that includes a base salary, a performance bonus, company matching programs on pension and profit sharing, paid vacation, personal & sick days, medical, vision and dental benefits that start from day one and much more!
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
About the company
Scotiabank is Canada’s international bank and a leading financial services provider in North America, Latin America, the Caribbean and Central America, and Asia-Pacific. We are dedicated to helping our 23 million customers become better off through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets. With a team of more than 88,000 employees and assets of $896 billion (as at July 31, 2016).
Scotiabank es el banco internacional de Canadá y un destacado proveedor de servicios financieros en Norteamérica, América Latina, el Caribe y Centroamérica, y Asia-Pacífico. Estamos comprometidos en ayudar a mejorar la situación de nuestros 23 millones de clientes a través de una completa gama de asesoría, productos y servicios en los sectores de banca personal y comercial, gestión patrimonial, y banca privada, corporativa y de inversión, y mercados de capital. Con un equipo de más de 88,000 empleados y con $ 896,000 millones en activos (al 31 de julio de 2016).
La Banque Scotia est la banque internationale du Canada et un leader parmi les fournisseurs de services financiers en Amérique du Nord, en Amérique latine, dans les Antilles, en Amérique centrale et en Asie-Pacifique. Elle s’est donné pour mission d’aider ses 23 millions de clients à améliorer leur situation au moyen de conseils et d’une vaste gamme de produits et de services, dont des services bancaires aux particuliers, aux entreprises et aux sociétés, des services bancaires privés, d’investissement et de gestion de patrimoine ainsi que des services liés aux marchés des capitaux. Au 31 juillet 2016, l’effectif de la Banque Scotia s’élevait à plus de 88 000 employés et son actif à 896 milliards de dollars.