- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Requisition ID: 36683
Position Number: 20023590
Posting End Date: December 4, 2019
Site: Misericordia Health Centre
Department/Unit: Misericordia Foundation
Job Stream: Non-Clinical
Anticipated Start Date: ASAP
Anticipated Shift: Days
Annual Base Hours: 2015
Grow your career in the Winnipeg Health Region! Our team provides a spectrum of health care services through an integrated network of sites, services and organizations. We're united by a shared commitment to excellent and equitable health care.
Position Overview Reporting to the Foundation Board of Directors, the Executive Director is responsible and accountable for leading and directing the overall operational and strategic direction of the MHC Foundation. The Executive Director has an indirect reporting relationship to the President & CEO of Misericordia Health Centre (MHC) to share information on activities of the Foundation and ensure that they are in keeping with the direction of MHC and aligns with the Vision, Mission, and Values. The Executive Director will ensure that the Foundation remains fiscally sound and meets the requested capital needs of MHC.
- A minimum of five years' experience and success in growing and developing an organization, with progressive leadership roles and management experience that includes financial management and budgeting
- A proven track record of fund development, most specifically in the area of major gift/planned giving fund-raising, events, communications and marketing
- Demonstrated success in working with, motivating and managing volunteers and volunteer committees
- Bachelor's degree from a recognized post-secondary institution in a relevant discipline
- CFRE designation preferred
- It is recommended that, at minimum, staff possess the Family & Friends category of training.
- Regular access to a vehicle and valid driver's license
Qualifications and Skills
- The ability to cultivate and steward long-term donor relationships
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal, networking and relationship-building skills both within the organization and the community
- Strong leadership, organization and motivational abilities
- Ability to respond to a variety of simultaneous demands.
- The ability to coach and mentor staff, delegate appropriately and work collaboratively as part of a cohesive team
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Familiarity with Raiser's Edge or similar fundraising database
- Works within MHC's core values, philosophy, vision, CQI goals, policies and procedures
- Ability to function as an effective member of an interdisciplinary team, including collaboration, team work and good communication skills
- Ability to recognize and pursue self-development opportunities
- Maintains regular and effective communication with:
- MHC Foundation Board
- MHC President & CEO, MHC Senior Leadership Team, Department Heads, staff and volunteers
- Donors, general public, community service organizations, corporations and media.
- Physical health to meet the requirements of the position.
- A flexible schedule to accommodate evening and weekend events
Salary commensurate with education and qualifications.
This position requires a current satisfactory Criminal Records Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check as conditions of employment. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred. A security check is considered current if it was obtained no more than six (6) months prior to the start of employment.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more positions across the WRHA legal entity that combine to equal more than 1.0 EFT. The WRHA legal entity includes Churchill Health Centre, Deer Lodge Centre, Grace Hospital, Middlechurch Home of Winnipeg, Pan Am Clinic, River Park Gardens, Victoria General Hospital, WRHA corporate programs, and WRHA community health services.
Interviewed candidates may be called upon to participate in a skills assessment.
Any application received after the closing time will not be included in the competition.