- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Field Service Technician
hneider Electric™ creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for
everyone and at every moment:
In 2018, Schneider Electric has been recognized as one Canada’s Top 100 Employers, one of Canada’s Top Employers for Young People, and one of Greater Toronto’s Top Employers. Learn the reasons why at
eat people make Schneider Electric a great company.
The successful candidate will join the Schneider Electric Field Services organization which is dedicated to rapid response and solution of customer issues. As such, there is a requirement for afterhours work, including weekends, to meet customer shutdown and other scheduling requirements. It is a position requirement to carry a pager and/or be part of an on-call rapid response list.
This position is accountable for installing, inspecting, troubleshooting and repairing customer low and medium voltage equipment, including control systems (auto-transfer schemes, ground fault, and protective relay systems), both in the shop and on site. The successful candidate will supervise a field service crew on a range of project activities to meet customer requirements. They will also provide project management services including cost estimates, ordering of parts, and scheduling and meeting delivery dates.
Tasks will include:
• Instructing customers and sales personnel in the operation and maintenance of equipment;
• performing warranty and recall work;
• Troubleshoot system failures and providing on site repairs in an effective manner, consulting with product support and engineering personnel to determine solutions to unusual problems in systems;
• reporting customer suggestions on product improvement and existing product designs to the appropriate technical specialist;
• implementing design modifications and providing installation support for the modifications;
• performing start-up service as defined in specifications;
• developing and maintaining ongoing customer relationships with regards to all aspects of equipment repair and maintenance; and maintaining service equipment, tools and documentation.
• Perform other service work as needed in support of the broader region and customer base.
Care. Connect. Challenge. Commit.
Our values define our company. Who we are, our customer approach, how we do business, what it’s like to work here, and the kind of people we want to attract and retain. We care for our planet, our customers, our company, our team, and ourselves. We connect to customers and colleagues; we are open and respectful. We challenge others and embrace challenges ourselves. We commit to change by leading the change.
At Schneider Electric, because we value our employees, we offer a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision and development opportunities and much more. Join Schneider Electric and together, let’s make the most of your energy.
• Demonstrated project supervision and project management experience.
• Product application knowledge in low and medium voltage equipment, including control systems (auto-transfer schemes, ground fault, and protective relay systems).
• Minimum 3-5 years field experience.
• Education: 309A (Construction and Maintenance Electrician License) and/or Technologist qualifications.
• Possess good interpersonal skills, communication skills (written and oral).
• Familiar with computers and Windows software.
e seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We’re looking for people with a passion for success — on the job and beyond. See
what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric:
pen space for localized content: country or
About the company
Schneider Electric SE is a European multinational corporation that specializes in electricity distribution, automation management and produces installation components for energy management. It is headquartered in Rueil-Malmaison, France and is also based at the World Trade Center of Grenoble.
Schneider Electric is the global specialist in energy management and automation.
Schneider Electric develops technologies and solutions to make energy safe, reliable, efficient, productive and green. The Group invests in R&D in order to sustain innovation and differentiation, with a strong commitment to sustainable development.