- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Canada - Alberta, Calgary
AECOM is seeking a Transaction Processing Lead to join our Finance Team in Calgary, AB. This is a 3 month contract to permanent position on 5 day on 2 day off schedule.
This is a lead role that requires hands-on finance professional with solid operations finance accounting experience. The key area of responsibility is time entry but will be expanded to include billing and 3rd party vendor invoice processing.
- Experience managing teams of 5+ people
- Experienced performer with an ability to work under pressure and “think on its feet”
- Strong communication skills and ability to build relationships at various levels within the organization
- Analytical, self-motivated problem solver with ability to “think outside the box” and “can do” approach
- Ability to learn quickly and apply the knowledge to job at hand
- Able to organize and prioritize demands, set and meet deadlines and follow-through within a fast paced environment with multiple and competing demands
- Continuous improvement mindset and adaptable to an evolving organization
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Support Operations Finance Manager and act as a focal point of contact for Operations Finance for time entry Ensure time entry processing is completed in a timely and accurate manner with all associated queries getting resolved within agreed timeframe.
- Create and maintain high level process flow with clear roles & responsibilities for time entry, billing and 3rd party invoice verification processes for the designated contracts
- Provide leadership to the direct reports and day-to-day guidance to the team for problem solving
- Manage the task distribution among team to achieve acceptable performance standards
- Support and actively participate in the continuous improvement using analytical skills and experience to identify problem areas and provide solutions or improvements
- Ensure customer billings are completed in a timely / accurate manner in both AECOM and the client systems (where appropriate)
- Manage 3rd party invoice validation, verification, approval and payment processes in accordance with agreed terms and conditions.
Conditions of Employment for this position are:
- For positions that fall into the list of required positions within the AECOM Oil & Gas Background Check policy, qualified applicants who are offered, and accept, the role must complete a satisfactory pre-employment Background Check. This may consist of all or a combination of the following: Canadian Criminal Record check, an Employment Verification and/or an Education and Accreditation Verification.
- Qualified applicants who are offered, and accept, a position must provide evidence of a satisfactory Alcohol & Drug test in accordance with the Company's Alcohol & Drug Policy. In order to be valid, the test must have been conducted at the direction of AECOM - O&G Business Unit.
- Bachelor’s Degree + 6 Years of Experience or demonstrated equivalency of experience
- Experience with Financial ERP system (i.e. JDE, Oracle, CostPoint, CDMS)
- Proficient Excel skills
- Previous experience leading a team/supervising team members
- Strong communication skills - Verbal and Written
- Able to work independently and in a team environment
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Detail and results oriented individual with the ability to prioritize and multitask
- Intermediate computer skills : MS office (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Able to travel, if and when required
- College diploma or university degree in Accounting or Business is preferred
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is
pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions
inclusion, diversity and overall
employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our
core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only
delivering a better world , but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Job Category Finance and Accounting
Business Line Construction Services
Business Group Construction Services Group (CS)
Position Status Temporary
Requisition/Vacancy No. 229715BR
Clearance Required No
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.