- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
You might not know our name, but you know where we are. That's because Compass Group Canada is part of a global foodservice and support services company that's the 6th largest employer in the world, with 625,000 employees.
You'll find us in schools, colleges, hospitals, office buildings, senior living communities, tourist attractions, sports venues, remote camps and military instillations and more. We're in all major cities, at remote work sites and everywhere in between - doing business in Canada and 50+ other countries where you can learn and grow. Join us now and point your career forward!
Why work with Restaurant Associates? Imagine joining a team that's at the top of their game. Come to work at Restaurant Associates and learn from the pros how to serve thousands of visitors in some of the world's best venues. Because of what we do, more than 30,000 guests enjoy an unforgettable experience every day. Learn. Grow. Serve. It's a winning combination. Join us.
Job Summary The Food Service Director is responsible to manage day-to-day operations for a multi-unit site (3 units: Tim Hortons, Starbucks and a cafe), including ensuring that work is completed, scheduling staff, controlling costs, resolving issues or complaints, and managing people.
Now, if you were to come on board as a Food Service Director, we'd ask you to do the following for us:
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the unit by delegating work and providing direction to staff, in order to ensure that all tasks are completed to deliver services and production at the expected level
- Coordinate scheduling of unit staff to ensure there is adequate coverage to deliver against expectations
- Manage costs to stay within unit budget
- Resolve requests, complaints, and concerns
- Monitor unit's compliance with Quality Assurance and Health & Safety policies, and initiate corrective action as required
- Manage, coach, and develop unit staff including Managers and Executive Chef to achieve unit and team goals
Think you have what it takes to be our Food Service Director? We're committed to hiring the best talent for the role. Here's how we'll know you'll be successful in the role.
- College diploma in hospitality or food service or equivalent experience
- 5 years' relevant leadership experience within food service or hospitality industry
- Past experience with managing, supervising, coaching and developing others
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills
- Basic financial and budgeting skills
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Proven organizational, time management and leadership skills
Compass Group Canada is committed to nurturing a diverse workforce representative of the communities within which we operate. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, without regard to race, colour, citizenship, religion, sex, marital/family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, disability or persons who may require an accommodation, to apply.
For accommodation requests during the hiring process, please contact (see below) for further information.
- customer service