- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
You might not know our name, but you know where we are. That's because Compass Group Canada is part of a global foodservice and support services company that's the 6th largest employer in the world, with 625,000 employees.
You'll find us in schools, colleges, hospitals, office buildings, senior living communities, tourist attractions, sports venues, remote camps and military installations and more. We're in all major cities, at remote work sites and everywhere in between - doing business in Canada and 50+ other countries where you can learn and grow. Join us now and point your career forward!
Imagine a place where people work as one to create an experience that inspires many. Join us and know that you make it possible for friends, families, and co-workers to come together. No matter why they gather, we're here to serve. Because of what we do, people share so much more than a meal. And that's why this is so much more than a job.
Why work with Eurest Dining? We are a member of Compass Group Canada, the leading food and support Services Company. We provide diverse, innovative dining services to corporate headquarter locations, law firms, manufacturing facilities, distribution centres and call centres. Join our commitment to providing exceptional food service to the best of business and industry.
Job Summary Now, if you were to come on board as one of our Food Service Managers, we'd ask you to do the following for us:
- Drive the financial success of the unit's operation.
- Lead all phases of food preparation, menu planning and development, operation planning and expenditures, budgeting, costing and maintaining proper inventory levels.
- Recruit, hire, schedule and perform general administrative duties.
- Ensure excellent client relationships and client satisfaction with the service and menu options.
- Achieve compliance with Compass' Quality Assurance, Occupational Health and Safety Act and WHMIS regulations.
- Initiate frequent workplace inspections and WHMIS training of all staff and effectively manage all.
Think you have what it takes to be our Food Service Manager? We're committed to hiring the best talent for the role. Here's how we'll know you'll be successful in the role.
- At least two years of related food service management experience with at least one year of catering experience.
- The ability to control food and labour costs.
- Creatively apply trendy food items and presentations to food service operations.
- A strong motivator, mentor and leader with management skills.
- A detail-oriented individual and a strong team player.
- Outstanding client relationship skills.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Proven Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Culinary skills would be an asset.
Compass Group Canada is committed to nurturing a diverse workforce representative of the communities within which we operate. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, without regard to race, colour, citizenship, religion, sex, marital/family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, disability or persons who may require an accommodation, to apply.
For accommodation requests during the hiring process, please contact (see below) for further information.