- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- 100 MILE HOUSE CA
NEW Store Opening February 2020!
Cariboo Hwy & 5 St. FreshCo
Candidates Must Be Available to Travel for Training
A proudly Canadian retail company, Sobeys began in 1907 as a small meat delivery business in Stellarton, Nova Scotia. Today, Sobeys Inc. serves the food shopping needs of Canadians with approximately 1,500 stores in all 10 provinces under retail banners that include Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, and Lawton's Drug Stores as well as in-store pharmacies, liquor and more than 350 retail fuel locations.
Together with our 123,000 employees and franchise affiliates and a collective passion for delivering exceptional food and shopping experiences, Sobeys' purpose is to improve the lives of Canadians by helping them Eat Better, Feel Better and Do Better.
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
Overview The Front End Manager is responsible for the efficient and fiscally responsible operation of the department. The Manager will lead and manage staff to achieve the highest level of customer service, while adhering to all Food Safety Protocols, Standard Operating Procedures, corporate policies and Health and Safety, and other programs and initiatives. The Manager will also manage budgets, labour costs, inventory control, product presentation and merchandising. The Manager will coach, motivate and develop their team to foster customer loyalty, fulfil customer needs and actively contribute to an environment of employee and customer engagement.
Job Description People Leadership
• Create a coaching and development culture for all employees, which embraces a passion for food
• Demonstrate outstanding leadership, while serving as a role model
• Manage direct reports including: selection, orientation, training and development, performance management, succession planning and compensation
• Communicate operational requirements/changes to department employees
• Manage store operations as required
• Create a shopping experience that engages customers in a way that enhances loyalty, sales, profit
• Provide superior customer service to meet customer needs
• Demonstrate exceptional product knowledge, including awareness of product changes, promotions, and seasonal trends
• Order, receive, organize, rotate, merchandise and present products and stock in accordance with company standards
• Execute winning conditions as required
• Lead the implementation of all corporate policies, initiatives, and Standard Operating Procedures and ensure the department and employees comply and use them effectively, including timely and accurate submission of all relevant documentation as required
• Responsible for ensuring that OH&S, food safety, and other regulatory requirements and procedures are implemented and maintained
• Balance cash office according to company policies and procedures
• Directly responsible to ensure the department achieves all financial targets and maximizes sales and margins, including appropriate sales forecasting, variance analysis and correction, and labour cost control
• Manage the department budget
• Thorough understanding of all relevant company programs; attend training as required
• Keeps abreast of local competitor activity, industry trends and makes recommendations on internal pricing, promotions and product policies
• Act as the employer of choice by actively supporting an environment of employee engagement
• Initiate, support, participate and lead community and charitable events and activities
• Coordinate maintenance of department equipment and repairs
• Provide feedback for continuous improvement
• Maintain a clean and safe working environment as per Company requirements
• Other duties as required
Job Requirements • Ability to work independently in a fast paced environment
• Above average communication skills (oral and written)
• Full knowledge of department operations and skills
• Proficient use of Microsoft office suite
• Full knowledge of total store operations and skills
• High School Diploma
• Minimum 18 months of retail store experience, particularly in the specific department
• Experience reading and analyzing financial reports, and experience in developing and adhering to budgets
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.
- customer service