- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
You might not know our name, but you know where we are. That's because Compass Group Canada is part of a global foodservice and support services company that's the 6th largest employer in the world, with 625,000 employees.
You'll find us in schools, colleges, hospitals, office buildings, senior living communities, tourist attractions, sports venues, remote camps and military instillations and more. We're in all major cities, at remote work sites and everywhere in between - doing business in Canada and 50+ other countries where you can learn and grow. Join us now and point your career forward!
Imagine a place where people work as one to create an experience that inspires many. Join us and know that you make it possible for friends, families, and co-workers to come together. No matter why they gather, we're here to serve. Because of what we do, people share so much more than a meal. And that's why this is so much more than a job.
Why work with Eurest Dining? We are a member of Compass Group Canada, the leading food and support Services Company. We provide diverse, innovative dining services to corporate headquarter locations, law firms, manufacturing facilities, distribution centres and call centres. Join our commitment to providing exceptional food service to the best of business and industry.
Hourly-Rate- $15.59 + $0.50 increase after 90 days
Type- Full Time
Shift/Hours- Mon to Fri 10:00pm-6:30am and Sat to Sun 10:00am to 6:00pm
Location- Maplehurt Correctonal facility, Milton
Job Summary Responsible for cleaning tasks in designated areas of a building, including dusting, dust mopping, cleaning washroom fixtures, spot cleaning, emptying and cleaning ashtrays and emptying and cleaning waste receptacles and vacuuming of carpets.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform general custodial requirements and any related duties as assigned (duties include: but are not limited to: use of various cleaning equipment, vacuuming, spot cleaning, sweeping, mopping floors, emptying waste receptacles and other common areas).
- Restock single unit dispensers containing soap, towels, toilet tissue and sanitary napkins.
- Complete periodic equipment checks.
- Observe/practice all health & safety procedures and policies.
Think you have what it takes to be part of our Light Duty Cleaners? We're committed to hiring the best talent for the role. Here's how we'll know you'll be successful in the role:
- Previous cleaning experience is an asset.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Must be reliable, motivated, enthusiastic and a team player, willing to assist as needed.
- Must be able to use cleaning equipment (ie. I-mop, vacuum.)
- Physically able to carry out duties of the position.
Compass Group Canada is committed to nurturing a diverse workforce representative of the communities within which we operate. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, without regard to race, colour, citizenship, religion, sex, marital/family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, disability or persons who may require an accommodation, to apply.
For accommodation requests during the hiring process, please contact (see below) for further information.