- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Requisition ID: 63657
At Scotiabank Digital Factory, the reach and opportunity of a global organization meets the passion and drive of a startup. Reinvention starts here—and it starts with you.
We believe that the pathway to success is paved with user feedback, so we’re constantly asking our customers how they want to bank. When we find an opportunity to make things people will love, we assemble teams of specialists to collaborate in Digital Factories in Canada, Chile, Mexico, Peru, and Colombia. We work fast, and we work smart. Join us to create meaningful experiences and build the bank of tomorrow for our customers around the world.
If you’d like to learn more about the Digital Factory workspace, our Digital Banking career opportunities, Communities of Practice, and open source projects, check out our microsite: https://digitalfactory.scotiabank.com/
As a Software Developer you will be joining a team that's rebuildingthe web platform for Scotiabank Onlineand supportingourbrand new mobile banking application intiative as well. You'll be responsible for developing the front end of the application in React and the back-end API in Node.JS. Wre are looking for a team member who is not afraid to challenge the status quo, pivot and adapt to change and have deep pridein quality craftsmanship with a focuson user centred design.
Is this role right for you?
- You willwrite well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices
- You will be gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs
- You will create and maintain software documentation
- You will be creating a desktop and mobile experience for Scotiabank customers
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
- You have experience with REST API design
- You have experience working with authenticated, customer focused applications
- You have worked on productionizing NodeJS servers
- You have knowledge in Object Oriented and Functional Design
- You have a deep knowledge of HTML / CSS / SASS (BEM, OOCSS, SMACSS, CSS3 Animations, Semantic HTML).
- You have experience with at least one modern JS framework, preferably React
- You’ve used modern JS toolsets (ES6+, Webpack, Babel, Jest, Protractor)
- You’ve built accessible and internationalized eb applications before (JAWS, Voiceover, Transifex).
- You stay up to date with industry best practice
What's in it for you?
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates initiative!
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create beautiful customer experiences
- Dress codes don't apply here, being comfortable does
- Free shuttle service to and from Union station
- Onsite catered cafeteria!
- Onsite fitness center
- We offer a competitive total rewards package that includes a base salary, a performance bonus, company matching programs (on pension & profit sharing), 4 weeks of vacation, personal & sick days, personal development funding, paternity/maternity leave top-ups and much more.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
About the company
Scotiabank is Canada’s international bank and a leading financial services provider in North America, Latin America, the Caribbean and Central America, and Asia-Pacific. We are dedicated to helping our 23 million customers become better off through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets. With a team of more than 88,000 employees and assets of $896 billion (as at July 31, 2016).
Scotiabank es el banco internacional de Canadá y un destacado proveedor de servicios financieros en Norteamérica, América Latina, el Caribe y Centroamérica, y Asia-Pacífico. Estamos comprometidos en ayudar a mejorar la situación de nuestros 23 millones de clientes a través de una completa gama de asesoría, productos y servicios en los sectores de banca personal y comercial, gestión patrimonial, y banca privada, corporativa y de inversión, y mercados de capital. Con un equipo de más de 88,000 empleados y con $ 896,000 millones en activos (al 31 de julio de 2016).
La Banque Scotia est la banque internationale du Canada et un leader parmi les fournisseurs de services financiers en Amérique du Nord, en Amérique latine, dans les Antilles, en Amérique centrale et en Asie-Pacifique. Elle s’est donné pour mission d’aider ses 23 millions de clients à améliorer leur situation au moyen de conseils et d’une vaste gamme de produits et de services, dont des services bancaires aux particuliers, aux entreprises et aux sociétés, des services bancaires privés, d’investissement et de gestion de patrimoine ainsi que des services liés aux marchés des capitaux. Au 31 juillet 2016, l’effectif de la Banque Scotia s’élevait à plus de 88 000 employés et son actif à 896 milliards de dollars.