- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Requisition ID: 35774
Position Number: 20035371
Posting End Date: November 16, 2019
Site: Health Sciences Centre
Department/Unit: Float Pool - Child Health
Job Stream: Clinical
Anticipated Start Date: 11/15/2019
Anticipated Shift: Days; Nights
Daily Hours Worked: 12
Annual Base Hours: 2015
Shared Health leads the planning and coordinates the integration of patient-centred clinical and preventive health services across Manitoba. The organization also delivers some province-wide health services and supports centralized administrative and business functions for Manitoba health organizations.
Under the general supervision of the Manager, Patient Care, the Registered Nurse (RN) is responsible for providing professional registered nursing services for patients, including those with complex and unpredictable health needs. These services include independent nursing services, administration of prescribed medical treatments, a leadership role within the healthcare team, and facilitating coordination of patient care and discharge. Demonstrates a commitment to the vision, values, goals, and objectives of the region/facility/unit.
- A minimum of one year pediatric nursing experience preferred.
- Satisfactory employment record required.
The successful applicant must demonstrate medication calculation competency during orientation as per Children's Hospital Policy No. 100.30.109.
- Graduate of an approved Registered Nursing education program required.
- Responsible for maintaining and providing proof of registration with the College of Registered Nurses of Manitoba (CRNM).
- Active participation in professional associations eg Association of Registered Nurses of Manitoba (ARNM) preferred.
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) training requirements for this position shall be in accordance with the applicable policy.
Qualifications and Skills
- Knowledge of:
- College of Registered Nurses of Manitoba Standards of Practice for Registered Nurses.
- Canadian Nurses Association Code of Ethics for Registered Nurses.
- Scope of practice as documented in the Regulated Health Professions Act (RHPA).
- Regional/Facility/Unit policies, procedures, protocols, and guidelines.
- Nursing care knowledge related to clinical area.
- Personal Health Information Act (PHIA), Protection of Persons in Care Act, Mental Health Act, Workplace Hazardous Material Information System (WHMIS), Principles of Routine Practices (Universal Precautions) and other legislated acts.
- Roles and responsibilities of members of the healthcare team.
- Principles of delegation.
- Demonstrated effective oral and written communication skills.
- Preference will be given to those applicants competent in an Indigenous language and/or knowledge in Indigenous customs, traditions and values.
- Demonstrated critical thinking/problem solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize care for an individual patient or group of patients.
- Ability to respond to a variety of simultaneous demands.
- Ability to recognize and pursue self-development opportunities.
- Ability to perform independently and as a member of the healthcare team.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing situations.
- Ability to maintain concentration with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to function in a demanding and stressful environment.
- Proficient with computers, software programs, and applications such as Windows and Word processing, spreadsheets, and databases.
- Good physical and mental health.
- Moderate to heavy physical effort required.
We have a unique ability to work together to make health care better. If you want to make a difference and contribute to supporting the health of your family, friends and neighbours, please apply today.
Interested candidates should select the "Apply" icon below to upload their cover letter, resume and copy of licenses/certification.
This position requires a current satisfactory Criminal Records Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check as conditions of employment. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred. A security check is considered current if it was obtained no more than six (6) months prior to the start of employment.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more positions in Shared Health that combine to equal more than 1.0 FTE.
Shared Health values and supports employment equity and workplace diversity and encourages all qualified individuals to apply. We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- scientists and researchers