- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Whistler Blackcomb's Mission Statement is Experience of a Lifetime
Love what you do! Because that's what we're all about. The Whistler Blackcomb staff is comprised of individuals who thrive in the outdoors, love the mountains, and are passionate about what they do. We look for applicants who share in this passion, whether you are looking for a seasonal job or wanting to build an exciting career, don't miss the chance to work and play in BC's winter wonderland. If you sound like our ideal applicant please apply online and show us what you've got. #wbworklove
Job Classification: Year Round
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Whistler Blackcomb
Ideal Start Date: ASAP
The Rendezvous Lodge is located at the top of the Blackcomb Gondola on Blackcomb Mountain and has 1 quick service food court, 1 coffee bar, 2 bars and approximately 800 seats. The GM of the Rendezvous will be responsible for leading a team of almost 130 staff through all daily operations.
- To continually strive to exceed our Guest's expectations and to create the best memories again and again.
- On a daily basis, provide leadership and direction for your outlets including standards of food quality, service.
- Continue to implement our COR safety standards and be a cultural leader of safety within your outlets.
- Maximize profitability and be fluent in labour and cost of sales reporting/management.
- Maintain effective communication through all Food & Beverage areas.
- Constantly lead the search for innovation and change, and implement these changes to exceed our guests' expectations and company goals.
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships between Whistler/Blackcomb employees, sales representatives, and others with whom Whistler/Blackcomb conduct business.
- To lead the day to day operation of Roundhouse Lodge Restaurant.
- To develop unit goals and objectives that drive divisional results as well as set the expectations for your direct reports and front line staff.
- Accountable for all cash control procedures.
- To be the leader of employee engagement in the outlets, promoting a fair, harmonious work environment, ensuring employees have the tools to do their best, deliver timely and specific recognition and encourage development.
- To conduct employee training, coaching, and perform regular employee reviews as per the Whistler Blackcomb standards.
- Solicit guest feedback on product and service quality
- Accountable for maintaining cleanliness in all areas and compliance to Food Safe and HACCP regulations
- We are a company that works together; and throughout the season you may be required to assist other departments as needed.
- Demonstrate our core values: Serve Others, Do Right, Drive Value, Do Good, Be Safe, Have Fun!
- 1-4 years Management/Supervisory experience in a high volume Food and Beverage environment.
- Experience working in Supervisor/Management capacity in a large organization with multi-level reporting structure is required.
- Exceptional communication skills, guest service and team building abilities.
- Serving it Right License & Food Safe Level II will need to be attained before employment.
- Ability to Ski/Snowboard at an intermediate level is required.
We're looking for team members whose legendary attention to detail and commitment to phenomenal service comes naturally. Pursue a lifestyle that will elevate your expectation of what work can look like. Nothing is too big or too small for the staff to bravely pursue and elevate the expectations of the guest. Do you possess a calling for delivering world-class events and amenities? Explore Employment Opportunities with Whistler Blackcomb! ( www.vailresortscareers.com/whistlerblackcomb ).
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 177561
- trades and professions