- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Niagara Falls
Requisition ID: 24167
Job Category: Engineering
With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining, energy, and infrastructure sectors, we understand that challenges are changing rapidly in every industry. We respond quickly with solutions that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. We draw upon our 9,000 staff with experience in over 150 countries to challenge the status quo and create positive change for our clients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
To work out of the Niagara Falls office. To work in the Geotechnical Laboratory performing index and advanced materials and soils tests. Will also perform civil and geotechnical site investigations. The successful candidate will have strong written, verbal communication, and personal skills. The candidate will also be proficient in the Microsoft Office suite including Word and Excel. This position will also require occasional travel to sites across Canada.
Education: Civil Engineering Technician or Technologist or related technical education.
Experience: In material testing including: Soils, aggregates and concrete. Experience in geotechnical field investigations and sampling protocols.
In the laboratory:
• Familiar with Laboratory Quality Management Systems
• Able to work independently when required in an office/laboratory setting.
• Experience with Ontario Ministry of Transportation laboratory testing protocols are an asset.
• Perform laboratory testing for concrete, soils and aggregates to relevant standards including advance soil testing.
• Preparation and review of laboratory testing reports.
• Ensuring field and laboratory equipment is maintained, repaired, and calibrated as required.
• Maintain equipment, inventory and records as required for a CCIL certified laboratory
• Adhering to all company safety rules and policies.
In the field
• Valid driver s license with acceptable driving experience.
• Willingness and ability to travel out of town and internationally (occasionally for extended periods).
• Willing to work overtime and extended hours where necessary.
• Ability to lift maximum 50 pounds.
• Familiar with civil construction practices and relevant testing standards
We are committed to fostering a workforce in each of our locations that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers employment applicants without regard to age, race, colour, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected status. If you have any special needs requirements, please let us know. We will do our utmost to accommodate, in accordance with applicable local legislation.