- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
The diagnostics team is responsible for developing tests and suites that exercise and validate the hardware blocks in the graphics chips developed at AMD. We are heavily involved in diagnostics development for the latest innovations that power the ultimate visual and computing experience. We understand the features that go into the hardware design and we have the software skills to program them to life. Once developed these diagnostics are used in all aspects of the product lifecycle, from pre-silicon validation through the production life of the product.
The successful candidate for this role will be an integral part of our diagnostics development team through code development, debug, emulation and HW feature validation.
Candidate should have related experience in diagnostic or verification environments with emphasis on ASIC testing.
- Planning, designing, writing, debugging and optimizing functional and stress tests for memory subsystem, virtualization and system-on-chip hardware IP
- Develop diagnostic tests to bring-up and validate ASIC features on both pre-silicon environment (FPGA and SW emulation) and post-silicon systems (HW silicon and platform)
- Participate in APU/GPU/CPU silicon bring up
- Identify and help resolve ASIC, board and firmware issues, provide diagnostics support to external customers and internal engineering teams
- Triage, debug and root cause HW and SW issues, execute/coordinate testing to ensure high quality software engineering and hardware coverage bar
- Evaluate, suggest and drive improvements to framework and test architectures to improve HW coverage, debuggability and quality
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Minimum of B.Sc. in Electrical/Computer Engineering or Computer Science
- Experience in diagnostic, device driver or firmware/embedded SW development
- Ability to closely interact with HW designers/architects and internal validation teams to solve functional HW/SW issues and support engineers for production failures/FA
- Experience in system software development on Linux
- Experience working with large-scale software development projects and understanding of PC architecture
- Proficient in C/C++ object oriented programming
- Experience in system-level verification and debugging
- Experience with source control systems (git, svn)
- Strong communication (verbal and written) and teamwork skills
- Proven debugging and testing skills
- Familiar with memory subsystems and caches
- GDDR memory knowledge preferred
- Good working knowledge of PCI/PCIe and external high speed busses is preferred
- Hands-on experience with board bring up, virtual memory, virtualization, 3D graphics terminology is preferred
- Familiarity with operating systems concepts and kernel debug
AMD is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Any applicant who requires accommodation should contact AskHR@amd.com.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services.