- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Graphics Staff Design/Design Verification Engineer(s)
Location: Markham, CA
APPLY NOW »
What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
We are currently looking for experienced ASIC Design & Design Verification (DV) Engineer(s) to become key members of a team generating Graphics IP.
- Working with architects to develop specifications
- Writing design specifications & DV test plans
- Logic design (Arbiters, FIFOs, FSMs, TLB, caches, ...)
- Leading-edge synthesis, static timing analysis, and formal verification
- Capturing high-quality RTL meeting functional, timing, & power requirements
- Linting RTL and clock-domain crossings
- Coding test-benches to verify the design
- Writing test stimulus for 100% functional & code coverage
- Debugging complex system-level simulations
- Applying complex ECOs
- Potentially modelling the design in C++
- Potentially emulating the design on FPGA-based systems
- Resolving silicon bring-up issues
- Working with other leads to develop practical schedules
- At least 5 years of relevant ASIC design & DV experience
- Master’s Degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering is preferred
- Graphics processing RTL coding and DV experience is highly desired
- Proficiency coding with Verilog, simulating with VCS, & synthesizing with Synopsys DC
- Demonstrated programming skills in C/C++
- Proficiency with UNIX programming and scripting (tcl, perl, csh)
- Experience with UVM, hardware modeling, assertions, and formal verification methods
- Good verbal & written communication, organization, analytical and leadership skills are essential
- Need to be a self-starter and able to independently drive tasks to completion
- Must enjoy working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment located in Markham but interacting with multiple sites in North America and worldwide
Preference will be given to candidates located in the Greater Toronto Area.
This team is essential to the success of AMD. It is a very exciting environment where you will be working with the best in our technology, while working on some of the most exciting and complex projects the industry has to offer.
Requisition Number: 59082
Country: Canada State: Ontario City: Markham
Job Function: Design
AMD welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Reasonable accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities during the recruitment process, unless undue hardship to AMD would result. Any applicant who requires accommodation should contact AskHR@amd.com
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services.
Apply now »
About the company
Our history is marked by a commitment to innovation that's truly useful to our customers — putting the real needs of people ahead of technical one-upmanship.
“Technology for technology's sake” is not the way we do business at AMD. AMD founder Jerry Sanders has always maintained, “customers should come first, at every stage of a company's activities.”
We believe that our more than four-decade company history bears that out.