- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Requisition ID: 61842
At Scotiabank Digital Factory, the reach and opportunity of a global organization meets the passion and drive of a startup. Reinvention starts here—and it starts with you.
We believe that the pathway to success is paved with user feedback, so we’re constantly asking our customers how they want to bank. When we find an opportunity to make things people will love, we assemble teams of specialists to collaborate in Digital Factories in Canada, Chile, Mexico, Peru, and Colombia. We work fast, and we work smart. Join us to create meaningful experiences and build the bank of tomorrow for our customers around the world.
If you’d like to learn more about the Digital Factory workspace, our Digital Banking career opportunities, Communities of Practice, and open source projects, check out our microsite: https://digitalfactory.scotiabank.com/
As the Head(Vice President) of Digital Banking, Mexico, you will lead a cross-functional technology team to deliver outstanding digital experiences to customers across digital channels and across the region. You will champion a mobile-first mindset within the organization and position Scotiabank as the industry leader in Digital.This role is based out of Mexico.
Is this role right for you?
- Lead and drive a customer-focused culture within the Mexico region to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge
- In collaboration with the business, set and drive an ambitious strategy and product development roadmap for Digital Banking
- Make strategic recommendations on infrastructure investments and roadmap for the Mexico region
- Support business leaders with the development and implementation of a consistent digital banking roadmap in all countries within the region.
- Alongside the Retail Head, set goals and metrics for Digital Banking Mexico and enable the team to perform, produce, and deliver in order to meet the digital targets and priorities across all channels.
- Partner with the Enterprise Digital Banking Team to ensure adherence to global practices, re-use of global technology products, platforms and processes to accelerate time to results and quality of solutions.
- Builda high-performance environment establishing Digital Factory infrastructure and modus operandi.
- Implement a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment; communicating vision/values/business strategy and managing succession and development planning
- Manage the Digital Banking budget, spend, and expense management and allocation of resources. Including management of digital vendor relationships as well as internal charge-backs and technology costs.
- Direct day-to-day activities in a manner consistent with our risk culture and therelevant risk appetite statement and limits, and communicate it throughout the team.
- Createan environment in which your team pursues effective and efficientoperations of theirrespective areas while ensuring the adequacy, adherence toand effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respectto risk and compliance
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed?
- You are fluent in Spanish
- You have managed large-scale project execution within complex and large organizations
- You can demonstrate expertise in developing and implementing innovative solutions, and/or leading a digital transformation
- You have a minimum post-secondary degree, preferably in Business and/or Computer Sciences/Engineering.
- You have excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to influence stakeholders with competing priorities
- You are obsessed with the customer, taking a customer-focused approach
- You’re a people person, who can build strategic and successful relationships, specifically with geographically distributed teams and stakeholders
- You love numbers, with the ability to use data to tell a story and problem-solve rapidly while assessing risks
- You have proven success in managing multiple competing and complex initiatives, which means your time management, organization, and prioritization skills are truly developed
What's in it for you?
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create beautiful customer experiences
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- This isn't your typical "corporate" job. We work hard and we have fun!
- We offer a competitive total rewards package
Please note: This role is based out of Mexico, we are willing to relocate the successful candidate to Mexico
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak mo