- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Requisition ID: 35364
Position Number: 20032684
Posting End Date: November 15, 2019
Site: Concordia Hospital
Work Location: Family Medicine
Department/Unit: Relief Team
Job Stream: Clinical
Anticipated Start Date: ASAP
Anticipated Shift: Days; Evenings; Weekends
Daily Hours Worked: 8 hours
Annual Base Hours: 2015
Salary: $18.265, $18.813, $19.377, $19.958, $20.557, $21.174
Grow your career in the Winnipeg Health Region! Our team provides a spectrum of health care services through an integrated network of sites, services and organizations. We're united by a shared commitment to excellent and equitable health care.
Position Overview Under the general supervision of the Clinical Manager, the Registered Nurse (RN), the Registered Psychiatric Nurse (RPN), and/or the Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), the Health Care Aide (HCA) acts as a member of the health care team, assisting with patient/resident care and providing basic supportive care as directed.
- Recent patient care experience (in the last 4 years) required or equivalent will be considered
- Grade 12 education or equivalent
- Health Care Aide Certificate from a recognized college/educational institution required
- Friends and Family CPR training is required.
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) is required for positions in Intensive Care Unit (ICU) and Urgent Care with recertification required annually. (Certification must be obtained within 2 months of acquiring the position).
Qualifications and Skills
- General skills and ability to perform all tasks and responsibilities relevant to the duties of the position
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize assigned workload
- Demonstrated ability to perform as a team member and seek assistance as necessary
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in written and oral English
- Demonstrated ability to relate to people in a tactful, courteous and reassuring manner
- Demonstrated ability to organize and establish priorities
- Demonstrated ability to respond to a variety of simultaneous demands
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality in all manners pertaining to the hospital, patients/residents and their families
- Satisfactory employment record required
- Good physical health to meet the position demands
This position requires a current satisfactory Criminal Records Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check as conditions of employment. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred. A security check is considered current if it was obtained no more than six (6) months prior to the start of employment.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more positions across the WRHA legal entity that combine to equal more than 1.0 EFT. The WRHA legal entity includes Churchill Health Centre, Deer Lodge Centre, Grace Hospital, Middlechurch Home of Winnipeg, Pan Am Clinic, River Park Gardens, Victoria General Hospital, WRHA corporate programs, and WRHA community health services.
Interviewed candidates may be called upon to participate in a skills assessment.
Any application received after the closing time will not be included in the competition.