- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Requisition ID: 35625
Position Number: 20080910
Posting End Date: Open Until Filled
Site: St. Boniface Hospital
Department/Unit: B4-Family Medicine Clinic Teaching Unit
Job Stream: Clinical
Anticipated Start Date - End Date: ASAP - 01/05/2021
Reason for Term: Other Leave
Anticipated Shift: Days; Evenings; Weekends
Daily Hours Worked: 7.75 - Days 0730-1545; Evenings 1530-2345
Annual Base Hours: 2015
Salary: $18.265, $18.813, $19.377, $19.958, $20.557, $21.174
Grow your career in the Winnipeg Health Region! Our team provides a spectrum of health care services through an integrated network of sites, services and organizations. We're united by a shared commitment to excellent and equitable health care.
Position Overview Under the general supervision of the Program Team Manager and a Registered Nurse (RN) or Registered Psychiatric Nurse (RPN), and while demonstrating a commitment to the Mission, Values and Management Philosophy of St. Boniface General Hospital, the HEALTH CARE AIDE (HCA) acts as a member of the health care team, assisting with patient care and providing basic supportive care as assigned (responsibility for patient care remains with the Registered Nurse/Registered Psychiatric Nurse).
Experience The following grandparenting provision will apply in accordance with the Health Care Aide job description dated January 1, 2002:
- Health Care Aides (NA II's) employed on January 1, 2002 are deemed to satisfy the educational requirements.
- Effective July 1, 2002, SBGH employees, who are not in a Health Care Aide (NA II) position on January 1, 2002, but who had worked as a Health Care Aide at SBGH for at least six(6) months within the five(5) years prior to applying for a Health Care Aide job (or such other previous experience as may be acceptable to the Hospital), are deemed to satisfy the educational requirements.
- Successful completion of a recognized Health Care Aide certificate program.
Certification/Licensure/Registration Not applicable.
Qualifications and Skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize assigned workload.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to respond to a variety of simultaneous demands.
- Ability to perform as a team member and seek assistance as necessary.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Ability to interact well with others.
- Good physical health with the ability to lift and move heavy patients.
- Ability and willingness to work in stressful environments that may include aggressive and/or agitated individuals.
This term position may end earlier as outlined in the Collective Agreement.
This position requires a current satisfactory Criminal Records Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check as conditions of employment. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred. A security check is considered current if it was obtained no more than six (6) months prior to the start of employment.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more positions across the WRHA legal entity that combine to equal more than 1.0 EFT. The WRHA legal entity includes Churchill Health Centre, Deer Lodge Centre, Grace Hospital, Middlechurch Home of Winnipeg, Pan Am Clinic, River Park Gardens, Victoria General Hospital, WRHA corporate programs, and WRHA community health services.
Interviewed candidates may be called upon to participate in a skills assessment.
Any application received after the closing time will not be included in the competition.